Tethering on 2G

touchthatpad106

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
This past Thanksgiving weekend I was in upstate NY and where I was staying it was just a 2G area. My grandma does not have wifi at her house and I was going to Dunkin Doughnuts mostly to get my wifi fix. One night I was just like why don't I try to tether my computer, I have nothing to loose. I tried to do some stuff on my phone right before that like open web pages, and check fantasy stats, but it either did not work or took forever. When I tethered to my computer I was getting lighting fast speeds comparatively. I could actually get on websites with little wait and download documents for work. I was stunned. I was always under the impression when you tether you get slower speeds and giving the poor performance on my phone, I thought my laptop would stand no chance. I tried a few more nights and had the same results. During the day it did not work as well, but my computer still performed better than my phone. I am using an HTC One too so it's not that the phone is slow in performance. Has anyone else experienced something like this? I still can't get over that it actually worked.

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
2g speeds on a computer is enough to casually browse the web and e mail. Now a ps3 u might have issues with.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)