Early upgrade on contract

Velocity

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
How does T-Mobile work if I want to upgrade my phone 16 months into a 24 month contract? Do I get any discount or do I have to pay full price?

Ameeelia.

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
They will give you the one year contract price for the phone (which is usually more than what you would pay if you signed a brand new, two year contract). That, or they will make you pay in full. They could refuse you altogether.

I'll give you my most famous answer - if all else fails, CraigsList is your friend for getting a phone off-contract.

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
How does T-Mobile work if I want to upgrade my phone 16 months into a 24 month contract? Do I get any discount or do I have to pay full price?

When you call T-Mobile and the robot lady gives you the welcome prompt say "Account Number" and you will be directed to Customer Loyalty. Talk to them nicely and explain to them you situation and they might give you full upgrade. Be kind, cutaneous, and respectful and they will go out of their way to help you.

How do I know this... I just upgraded to a Vibrant for $99 and I was 8 months into my 24 month contract.

Velocity

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Just a follow up, I got to upgrade from my 18 month old G1 to a G2 during the pre-order. Apparently they are making exceptions for previous G1 owners that if you order now they give it to you for $250. This extends your contract for 2 years but you don't have to pay ETF on the old contract. The cust service rep hinted that if you wait until late Nov they may be able to offer it for $200 with a $50 rebate.

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Sweet... I will be getting my G2 on Launch Day for $125 and a $20 Dollar Data. My Vibrant died already... :( and I didn't even root it. But at least it was during the Buyer's Remorse period :D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol