- 11 Posts
Visual Voicemail data- can I transfer it to another phone?
So, I've been using a Nexus 4, and now have a Nexus 5.
I use T-Mobiles Visual Voicemail. I have several important voicemails stored on the Nexus 4. I'd love to transfer the data to my Nexus 5 so I can listen to it on that phone as well.
Several backup apps I've looked at don't save the voicemails that are stored on the phone. I know I can send the text of the message, but sometimes it's not clear. I know also I can save the audio as an AMR file, but that still doesn't get it into T-Mobile Visual Voicemail on the new phone. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks very much for anyone's help.
- 12-07-2013, 03:15 PM #2
- 11 Posts
Re: Visual Voicemail data- can I transfer it to another phone?
I just did it successfully with the app Helium. I installed it on both phones. It backed up VMM to a folder called Carbon, then I dragged that folder to my PC desktop and from there to the new phone, then used the app to restore it and all my VM are just were I want them!
I use TM, and this is the first app that has been able to accomplish this with TM's VVM.
- By BBwhat in forum Verizon Droid DNAReplies: 10Last Post: 01-18-2014, 11:42 AM
- By dcrandon in forum Nexus 4 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 9Last Post: 12-10-2013, 07:52 AM
- By Bagman58 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 MiniReplies: 0Last Post: 12-07-2013, 12:13 PM
- By medski123 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 12-07-2013, 12:05 PM
- By Ch405f0rm in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 12-07-2013, 11:37 AM