1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone not ringing?

Is anyone else having issues with their phone not ringing? I've been missing calls and getting voicemails because when people call or even when I call from my work landline it will ring a couple of times then go to voicemail. It always seems to ring when I call T-Mobile tech support, though "they're looking into it".

I've also had issues sending MMS, which seems to be a known issue. Text messages have been fine today but over the past couple of days they seem to come in batches/waves instead of coming when they're sent.

Anyone else having issues, especially in the South Florida area? I've read rumblings about different issues but no resolutions.

Default Re: Phone not ringing?

We had the same issue with calls not coming through or when the do it says private number. I did a battery pull and pulled the sim out. Then put all back in. Seemed to fix it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

There seems to be an issue when the phone is on LTE; when it's not on LTE the phone rings fine.

Sometimes when on LTE the phone doesn't drop to HSPA properly and this will prevent it from ringing. It's happened to me but very rare.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It was fine for me until recently. The issue is definitely the phone not dropping back to HSPA.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    808 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    It was fine for me until recently. The issue is definitely the phone not dropping back to HSPA.

That does seem to be the case. What phone is everyone experiencing this problem using? I'm on the Nexus 5. Just trying to determine if this depends on the phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I am on a Note 3.

Global Posts
    808 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I am on a Note 3.

Okay so at least it's not an N5 specific problem.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I'm on the HTC One.

I've also verified that turning off LTE seems to fix the problem. Makes me wonder what has changed recently network - wise for this to be happening so frequently.

It also seems that if the phone is asleep then it doesn't wake up to take the call when on LTE. But if I'm on it and it's not sleeping it takes it.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I'm using Nexus 5 on straight talk tmobile. I lose mobile connection when using wifi and mobile connection set to LTE/GSM auto prl. When set to GSM auto prl seems to be ok.
    Also seems to be fine with wifi off and set to LTE/GSM..

I'm having issues with a Nexus 4, so LTE is not involved on my device. One person who attempted to reach me, from a Sprint phone, said she got a recording from Verizon when she called my phone. I'm trying to get it to replicate or find if someone else called my number and got the same message.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Well I just called T-Mobile again. This time they said there was already a ticket open regarding the issue and several people have been having the issue in my market. So that's something... at least they're aware of it. The ticket has also been open beyond their standard 72 hour window that they normally say, so hopefully it's getting worked on. In the meantime I've turned of LTE and I'm just using whatever flavor of "4g" this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Well I just called T-Mobile again. This time they said there was already a ticket open regarding the issue and several people have been having the issue in my market. So that's something... at least they're aware of it. The ticket has also been open beyond their standard 72 hour window that they normally say, so hopefully it's getting worked on. In the meantime I've turned of LTE and I'm just using whatever flavor of "4g" this is.
    It's HSPA basically then .