1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help Picking Small Phone for Wife

Hi everyone,

This has been a tough one to research, but I need to find a off-contract t-mobile phone for the wife. The criteria I am looking for is: small, good batter life, good camera, inexpensive, 4g..

A few phones have come to meeting the criteria, but none fit perfectly. Your opinions and suggestions are greatly appreciated. The sale on the Optimus F3 ($169.99) ends today, so I am looking to purchase tonight if need-be. Thank you.

LG Optimus F3
    Pro:
    - Amazing battery life
    -Decent all around specs and camera
    -Inexpensive
    -Not too big

Con:
    - Very low memory, so have to partition SD card or use app to install other apps on SD card.

Motorola Droid RAZR M
    Pro:
    -Good camera, decent all around specs.

Con:
    -Average battery life.
    -More expensive than others.

Samsung Galaxy Light
    Pro:
    -Better CPU than the other 2
    -Size/weight inbetween other 2

Con:
    -Perhaps worst battery life of the 3
    -Lowest resolution of the 3

Honorable Mention
    Motorola Moto G
    Cheap, good specs (although lower resolution), seems like good battery.
    BIG NEGATIVE, NO 4G LTE.
    Not too sure everything else will overcome this con. Also, bigger than the other phones.

Global Posts
    6,214 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Help Picking Small Phone for Wife

Moto G. With HSPA you'll still have a lot of speed, IMO.

gp8.3
    Live long and prosper.

I'd second the moto G - especially since T-Mobile 's LTE is not very ubiquitous yet. How much is the RAZR m going for?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

If she likes bright colors, the Moto G. If she gets bored by whatever color it is she can change it by buying a new back shell for $16.00 I think. For some people this would be a big selling point while others don't care and would rather have a plain black or white phone.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Moto G, however: I don't know as it'll have WiFi Calling. (It certainly won't if you buy an unlocked version directly from Motorola.) If not: Best make sure you're always in good TMO coverage areas.

Quote Originally Posted by cellomj View Post
    I'd second the moto G - especially since T-Mobile 's LTE is not very ubiquitous yet. How much is the RAZR m going for?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    I didn't think the RAZR M worked on T-Mobile without rooting and serious tinkering.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    You can observe a lot by watching- Yogi Berra

Yeah I think I the only razr that would work on T-Mobile is the RAZR-i. That's the international version of the razr m and it's an unlocked gsm international phone so it should work.

But, I still think you're better off with the Moto G.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

If you haven't already purchased the F3, I would say either the moto g or the Samsung Galaxy Light. I found a great deal on the Galaxy Light for my aunt who was in need of an upgrade on the Home Shopping Network website (of all places). They are offering the phone for about a $150 and it comes with a SIM card, car charger, and ear bud head phones all with free shipping and for $20 extra they will insure it for 2 years. The phone looks, feels and functions like a smaller S3. Her battery life has been great so far. For example, she went 13 hours without a charge and the battery was only down to 50% (she's clearly not a heavy user!). It's not an amazingly fast device and is slightly leggy at times, but it seems like a good value for that price. It takes really decent pictures too. Good luck!
    Thanked by: