Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Perfect Phone?

Hello Guys.
    Can you guys help me pick a phone. It doesn't matter to me what kinda specs it has as long as it can keep up with social networking and a little gaming here and there. I've always been an iphone person except I hate the hassle of putting music in it please help! I also want a good camera and a phone that will get updated alot. Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Perfect Phone?

If I was making a choice today, I would be having a hard time choosing between LG G2 or Sony Z1. I know for a fact Sony's good with the updates these days. LG, can't really say... Fantastic phone though, got to play with it a bit and it's looking good. Whatever you choose, buy it outright, preferably an unlocked international version from a known vendor like Amazon.
    "All information is imperfect. We have to treat it with humility."
    - The Ascent of man.
    J. Bronowsky.

Updated alot? Google devices (nexus) would be your best bet.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ahh I cant choose!

You might want to consider the Moto X and Nexus 5. They both have clean UI, good camera, and will get timely updates.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I thought the moto x wasn't on t-mobile?

Quote Originally Posted by angelisawesome View Post
    I thought the moto x wasn't on t-mobile?

It is. You could use it on T-Mobile.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

The Moto X wasn't on T-Mobile at launch, but now it is.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

How is your nexus 5?

How is your nexus 5?

Excellent! The only problem is lack of SD card slot. Other than that I just love it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Just get the N5! Pure Google and you get updates before the rest of the world! Don't like pure? Get a launcher! Not to mention its CHEAP off contract and it works on all of the major carriers minus Verizon.
    HTC One (ATT GSM)
    Palm Pre- > HTC Evo 3D > HTC One X (White) > Samsung Galaxy S3 (White) > HTC One (Silver)
    If any of my posts help you don't forget to thank/like it!!

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

As SactoKingsFan suggested, take a look at Nexus 5 or Moto X. I personally prefer Moto X...
    Whichever device you choose you wont regret...

Perfect phone? Does not exist. Just acceptable compromises. "Acceptable" being defined by the buyer.

For me: The closest thing to a perfect phone would be a Moto X with user-replaceable battery, SD card slot and WiFi calling. Close seconds would be a Moto G or Nexus 5 with user-replaceable batteries, SD card slots and WiFi calling. 2nd place contenders might be Samsung S-series handsets w/o Samsung's crappy, bloated add-ons, or an HTC One with SD card slot and user-replaceable battery.

Unfortunately: None of those actually exist. Probably the N5 comes closest. That's assuming it has WiFi calling. I'm assuming it does, since T-Mobile sells it. If not: Than I suppose a Samsung S or HTC One, depending upon which features are more important to you.

Global Posts
    6,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

There's no perfect phone IMO but I'm very happy with my G2. Fast, powerful, slim, lightweight, good camera, does ROMs well. Overall a lot to like.

CM on OgPro
    Live long and prosper.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Okay so my final options are the iphone 5c , HTC one or the samsung galaxy s4.

Global Posts
    6,208 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Of those I'd probably select a BLACK HTC One (if you can find one with no visible gaps between the metal and plastic). The S4 is nice too but I'd prolly choose the the HTC One first.
    Live long and prosper.

I'd probably choose the One, simply because I've had so many bad experiences with Samsung's mucked-up Android releases. (I just replaced Samsung's garbage with CM on my wife's tablet.) HTC's Sense UI generally gets high marks. TouchWiz: Not so much.

Of these choices, HTC One would be my choice

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador

Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

Can you tell us why the Nexus 5 and the Moto X aren't in contention even though both seem to meet you criteria?

Also, are we talking the OEM versions of the One and the GS4 or the GPE versions?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

The moto x is too expensive and the nexus 5 has no additional feautures besides always getting the latest version of android.

Thanked by:
    Haalcyon likes this.

The moto x is too expensive and the nexus 5 has no additional feautures besides always getting the latest version of android.

The Moto X is often less expensive than the One or S4.

Sent from my second brain.. Okay it is the only one working.
    You can observe a lot by watching- Yogi Berra
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Send me a link?

Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

Neither does the iPhone 5S ... it's stock iOS just like the Nexus 5 is stock Google (though not necessarily stock Android). I was following your original request - social networking and gaming. The Nexus 5 is a beast when it comes to performance, so if you want gaming...

The Nexus 5 also has additional features: Optical Image Stabilization in the camera and HDR+ mode that is breathtakingly amazing, the best Google Now integration and being able to say "Ok Google" from your home screen, integrated caller ID in the dialer that shows not just the number but the name of the business calling you. You won't really know the joy of the pure kitkat experience until you try.

But at any rate, without being sure which features from the other devices attract you, I'd say go with the HTC One.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

I also need to pick a carrier either T-Mobile or Sprint. T-Mobile has good coverage in my area I dont know about sprint but if I get sprint I can find the phones for cheaper prices.

Ive found that out of a nexus 4, GS3 and moto x, the moto x gets the best reception/data signal on t-mobile. Its a nice solid phone and if you get the t-mobile unlocked version its already running the latest android OS.
    The "infraction"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast