Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default T-Mobile Coverage in Chicago Land Area

So given the awesome news at @CESlive 2014 today by T-Mobile T-Mobile details its plan to pay your ETF from another carrier | Android Central, I'm a very interested candidate in this latest promotion by T Mo.

Next question.. I'm coming from Sprint's horrible service in Chicago land suburbs (Plainfield, Illinois) area and wanted to get some feedback on carrier service as in signal quality, reliability, etc here in Chicago from other T Mo customers...

Thanks!

Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

srkmagnus likes this.

Default Re: T-Mobile Coverage in Chicago Land Area

The deal sounds too good to be true and if you look and compare what you get with Verizon and AT&T you will learn its not a great deal. I am always looking for a deal but in the end for what I pay I am sticking with Verizon. The biggest downfall with T Mobile is their coverage and data speeds, if you research this you will find hundreds of complaints.
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by o4liberty View Post
    The deal sounds too good to be true and if you look and compare what you get with Verizon and AT&T you will learn its not a great deal. I am always looking for a deal but in the end for what I pay I am sticking with Verizon. The biggest downfall with T Mobile is their coverage and data speeds, if you research this you will find hundreds of complaints.
    True in some respects. You will always find complaints. I think anything at this point is a step up from Sprint. Sprint is going nowhere even remotely fast compared to its competitors.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I used to have T-Mobile in Chicago. Was great for the most part. Every carrier has issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    iPhone 5S+Galaxy S5 user. Google Glass Explorer.

Follow Me:

App.Net: sleepnclass
    Twitter: sleepnclass

Peace & Blessings.

Coverage is an issue but only if you travel. If you're like me and stay in the same city... And get coverage all over that city... Tmobile is great.

As you can see my data speeds are very good and i'd bet on par with your Verizon. Either way they aren't slow and you can do anything on this connection.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile Coverage in Chicago Land Area-1389271837824.jpg   T-Mobile Coverage in Chicago Land Area-1389271847333.jpg  

Also this was last month's usage... Just to show you that it works if the coverage in your city is good .

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile Coverage in Chicago Land Area-1389271929863.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Coverage is an issue but only if you travel. If you're like me and stay in the same city... And get coverage all over that city... Tmobile is great.

As you can see my data speeds are very good and i'd bet on par with your Verizon. Either way they aren't slow and you can do anything on this connection.

This is true if coverage is good in the area you stay in TMO is good but I'd you travel and frequent high rise buildings then I would use another carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project

This is true if coverage is good in the area you stay in TMO is good but I'd you travel and frequent high rise buildings then I would use another carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using
    Very true. I was just mainly showing you it isn't all bad... Telling someone to Google a company to see complaints is pointless now a days especially with carriers because carriers are so area dependent that you can find complaints about any carrier by doing a Google search.

I stay in Chicago and used every carrier and I can honestly say besides the couple of dead spots I have no complaints about T-Mobile. Good speeds at a good price. I avg about 15-20mb on hspa+.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONETOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    So given the awesome news at @CESlive 2014 today by T-Mobile T-Mobile details its plan to pay your ETF from another carrier | Android Central, I'm a very interested candidate in this latest promotion by T Mo.

Next question.. I'm coming from Sprint's horrible service in Chicago land suburbs (Plainfield, Illinois) area and wanted to get some feedback on carrier service as in signal quality, reliability, etc here in Chicago from other T Mo customers...

Thanks!

Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central.
    I switched to T mobile as well about two months now. I live in Chicago as well. So far no complain. Loving it compared to sprint. I get up to 10-14mbps data speed anywhere around with decent signals and voice quality in Chicago so far and yes sometimes during busy hours the data drops on 3G still 6+ mbps which is better than sprint anytime. But still overall much better than sprint without a doubt. I use nexus 4 and my gf uses iPhone 5s on t mobile and we love it.
    Last edited by Saumya Shah; 02-20-2014 at 11:00 AM.

I was like you with sprint and switched to t-mobile recently. Night and day difference. T-mobile far better data speeds and signal in Chicagoland. Won't go back to sprint.

Posted via Android Central App on my Sony Z1s