Which budget Android phone works on T-Mobile in Las Vegas?

owenmc60

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm due to go on holiday later this year to Las Vegas (coming from the UK). The best tariff I've found is T-Mobile PAYG. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300), which, as far as I'm aware, isn't compatible with T-Mobile's US network.

I'm looking to sell this handset just before I leave and pick up a cheap budget Android off eBay that is definitely compatible with T-Mobile whilst I'm in Las Vegas. Can someone inform me of both some good cheap options and the bands that T-Mobile specifically uses for USA/Las Vegas?

Thanks alot in advance :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The s3 i9300 should work on tmobile. In Las Vegas, you should be able to get voice and up to 4g speeds since Las Vegas is a refarmed area

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

owenmc60

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that info. I wasn't aware that the S3 (i9300) works in Vegas on T-Mobile. Out of interested what does a 'refarmed area' refer to? Cheers!

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile has taken 1900mhz spectrum and re-farmed it so to speak to work with its network. You should get HSDPA+ or LTE speeds IF your device is capable of that in the specific band.
I cant speak as to the coverage because im not in that geographical location so hopefully someone there can chime in.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile has taken 1900mhz spectrum and re-farmed it so to speak to work with its network. You should get HSDPA+ or LTE speeds IF your device is capable of that in the specific band.
I cant speak as to the coverage because im not in that geographical location so hopefully someone there can chime in.

I9300 doesn't support 4GLTE.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I'm due to go on holiday later this year to Las Vegas (coming from the UK). The best tariff I've found is T-Mobile PAYG. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300), which, as far as I'm aware, isn't compatible with T-Mobile's US network.

I'm looking to sell this handset just before I leave and pick up a cheap budget Android off eBay that is definitely compatible with T-Mobile whilst I'm in Las Vegas. Can someone inform me of both some good cheap options and the bands that T-Mobile specifically uses for USA/Las Vegas?

Thanks alot in advance :)

When you say cheap what range are you talking?

Posted via Android Central App