1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should I switch to gsm straight talk?

My contract is almost up ,(sprint) and I've been thinking to get straight talk. I thought T-Mobile and straight was the same but their not. Should I get straight talk or one of T-Mobile plans like the $60 a month. I'm getting a nexus 5.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Should I switch to gsm straight talk?

Look at a coverage map and talk to friends/coworkers/etc who have either AT&T or T-Mobile. Straight Talk runs on both networks, so which ever is best in your area would be the one to go with. However, if T-Mobile is better in your area, you may want to consider one of their prepay plans.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ok thanks. Based on sensorly they are both about the same 2g/3g. Based on the website coverage maps. They both a very good. Is straight talk the same service if u would get a prepay plan ? Or does the prepay gives u better service?

the voice and data services are prioritized higher for post paid then for prepaid. I use TMO as an example but all carriers do this.
    Technically a TMO business / government / public safety line gets higher priority then a standard individual account.
    Then it is TMOs prepaid, then down to the MVNOs customers. But prioritizing only matters in highly congested areas. The majority of towers should have capacity for general daily use for their locations. Its during times of special events and stuff like that when loading becomes an issue.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+
    Thanked by:

So bottom line u are better off with a tmo prepaid plan. I'm on the 70$ a month plan and its great.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONETOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Ok thanks for the help.I didn't know that. I'll get the prepaid plan

Quote Originally Posted by icewater106 View Post
    My contract is almost up ,(sprint) and I've been thinking to get straight talk. I thought T-Mobile and straight was the same but their not. Should I get straight talk or one of T-Mobile plans like the $60 a month. I'm getting a nexus 5.

If you are looking at tmo $60 plan, then Verizon's $60 loyalty plan with unlimited talk and text and 2gb data is another option, and with Verizon, you get subsidized phones.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro