Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By born2ride41
  • 1 Post By born2ride41
  • 2 Post By Slingbox
  • 1 Post By Slingbox
  • 1 Post By Old Stoneface
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vail-Pak 3.2

Default Switching to T-Mobile

I am considering switching to T-Mobile tonight from Sprint thanks to the ETF promotion they are doing right now. What do you think how's everyone's experience? I am in Columbus Ohio and service for me has went from bad to worse and I am tired of hearing well we are working on towers almost done blah blah blah and then when I call sprint they say o we aren't doing tower work everything looks good meanwhile I am dropping calls like people who are on Verizon are dropping bills. I am think LG G2 or XeperiaZ1 or Nexus 5 any thoughts on those phones??? Anyways thanks for input!!!!

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Switching to T-Mobile

I left sprint in Aug and could be no happier. I'm located in the NYC area service for me service is great. As far as your phone selection, you can't go wrong with any of those phones. I myself have the HTC One which I absolutely love. Let us know what phone you choose. P.S I think you should walk into your local t-mobile dealer, test out the phones and make your choice.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vail-Pak 3.2

I think I will do that tonight !!! Lol thanks

Thanked by:

Switching tomorrow from vzw gs3 to tmo to get the xperia z1s.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    8,949 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by born2ride41 View Post
    I am considering switching to T-Mobile tonight from Sprint thanks to the ETF promotion they are doing right now. What do you think how's everyone's experience? I am in Columbus Ohio and service for me has went from bad to worse and I am tired of hearing well we are working on towers almost done blah blah blah and then when I call sprint they say o we aren't doing tower work everything looks good meanwhile I am dropping calls like people who are on Verizon are dropping bills. I am think LG G2 or XeperiaZ1 or Nexus 5 any thoughts on those phones??? Anyways thanks for input!!!!

Not sure how the coverage in your city is, but you can check it out on sensorly.com

Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vail-Pak 3.2

Yeah the store rep wouldn't even let me see the zs1 so I just got my wife her iPhone 5s and going back today it's between lg g2 or the zs1 lol such a hard decision. At my house on the wife's phone where Sprint has no service at all even had an airwave which only worked half the time t mobile is full bars 4g!!!!! One question is there a difference between 4g and LTE on T-Mobile because driving home it displayed LTE but at my house 4g which is still quite good 20mb download speed!!!

Jay Holm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by born2ride41 View Post
    Yeah the store rep wouldn't even let me see the zs1 so I just got my wife her iPhone 5s and going back today it's between lg g2 or the zs1 lol such a hard decision. At my house on the wife's phone where Sprint has no service at all even had an airwave which only worked half the time t mobile is full bars 4g!!!!! One question is there a difference between 4g and LTE on T-Mobile because driving home it displayed LTE but at my house 4g which is still quite good 20mb download speed!!!

If displays 4g when connected to hspa+, and 4GLTE when connected to lte. They are different types of technology. I believe tmobile 4g is capable of theoretical speeds up to 42 mbps and tmobile 4GLTE capable of speeds up to 147mbps.

Actual speeds may vary depending on the network, load, device, etc. Of note, lte is currently Capable of at least 300 mbps, lte advanced is capable of 1gbps. Hspa+ is capable of 168mbps

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vail-Pak 3.2

OK!!!! Thanks for the answer either way far better then sprint lol.

Jay Holm likes this.

Also a Sprint switcher and couldn't be happier. We go some places where with Sprint, our phones became unusable for data. The phones would just sit there. Now we can use our phones in even the worst of these spots. Things could still be improved there, but it's so much better than what we had with Sprint.

If I wanted limits on what I could do with a device, I would have an iPhone!
    Thanked by 3:

I switched from. Straight talk to walmart family mobile(tmobile), if they had 4g and I had more budget room I'd be full tmobile! They have been awesome for voice quality, signal and although I'm stuck to edge data I am on wifi most of time. I see there network growing in 2014!!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vail-Pak 3.2

Just a quick update I did dump sprint and brought home the Zs1 an it's freaking awesome. I have full tower here at my house now and can make and receive calls!!! Data speeds are just as fast as my Wifi!!! Also the 60 day trial of the Walkman app from Sony is actually pretty good...I don't think I would pay 10 a month for the app but I will enjoy it over the next couple of months!!!

Sent from my C6916 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by 2:

Bye bye ATT , I will be making the Switch in February Nexus 5 here I come..
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II
    Thanked by 2:
    asdrew and slik6996 like this.

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

I'm also thinking of making the jump. I'm in Dayton Ohio do I'm curious if anyone one is in Dayton that can give me their experience with how the service has been for them. I'm currently with AT&T.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    8,949 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by bkeaver View Post
    I'm also thinking of making the jump. I'm in Dayton Ohio do I'm curious if anyone one is in Dayton that can give me their experience with how the service has been for them. I'm currently with AT&T.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Check sensorly.com for more accurate coverage checks

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Well couldn't hold back made the move today.
    I went with the LG G2 oh my what a sweet device on 70.00 unlimited plan.
    Map shows my home in GOOD Service area ,Im getting 4 bars & LTE speed 9.80 mbps Down / 7.60 Up.
    Map surrounding areas shows EXCELLENT service in which I'm in the high 30s mbps

Needless to say I'm very happy
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II
    Thanked by:
    GadgetGator likes this.

We made the switch from Sprint to T-Mobile back in August. I tested service on a pre-paid plan for a month before that. Coverage has generally been much better than Sprint's.

While coverage was the primary motivating factor (Sprint's was getting worse and worse), the others were cost, BYOD and no contract. Since then: TMO has added free international roaming and terrific international long distance plans.

I doubt there's any incentives Sprint could come up with that would get us back, now. Too bad. We'd been with them a long time. T-Mobile's doing what Sprint could have done, what Sprint should have done, a long time ago. Some of the kinds of things Sprint used to do, before they became a weak clone of VZW and "at&t."
    GadgetGator likes this.