Best cameras on T-Mobile compatible phones?

jsheehan223

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I'm looking to switch to T-MO very soon and was wondering about phones - specifically cameras on phones (this is for my wife - I'm set on the Moto-X).

She wants a phone with a great camera. She knows that the iPhone basically has this title, but is reluctant to leave Android. That being said, of the following phones, sound off on which one you think has the best camera?

Samsung Galaxy S4
LG G2
Moto-X
Nexus 5
Sony Xperia Z1s

From everything I've read, I would rate them from best to worst: LG G2, GS4, Z1s, Moto-X, Nexus 5.

Does this sound about right?

Please sound off in the comments! Thank you all!

Last edited:

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
with 4.4.2 the moto x camera is getting improved. The moto x works very well on the network as well.

jsheehan223

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I heard that is much better than what was originally released, but still not great. Good to hear about it working well on the network, tho.

Thanks!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You omitted the LUMIA 925, which has the best camera

Posted via Android Central App

The op didn't want to leave android.

Though the 1020 or 808 would be better than the 925.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting my mother-in-law a Nokia. She has an iPhone 5s but isn't impressed with the battery life. Plus she doesn't use the iPhone to its full potential. She just needs a good camera and decent battery life.

Sent from my T-Mobile Nexus 5

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone does not have best camera. All the flagship phones are more or less equal with each doing something a little better in some areas than others. The Nexus 5's camera was much improved with the 4.4.1 update. Now takes just as good photos as the iPhone, but the video camera is actually better. More realistic colors and much better audio. The s4 and note3 also have great camera's. The LG G2's camera is very overrated. I owned both it and the S4 for a few days and the S4 was better in my opinion. Also the audio on the LG video camera is just plain bad.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I must say my Sony xperia z1s camera shines when it comes to taking pictures and videos at night in Low light. Very clear with little noise. During normal lighting conditions, The z1s takes very
Clean pictures that reproduces colors very accurately of what is the actual color of the subject.

I just moved over from a HTC One. Which IMHO has a pretty good
Low light camera. While the One took good pictures overall? The low light pictures just didn't stand up to the z1s. During the day
However, the one did a fine job.

Also, I'd like to add that the battery life on the z1s is simply put...It is what I have been waiting for my whole smart phone life. I unplugged my phone at about 5am Friday morning. I'd say light use of Internet and calls maybe total about 45 minutes of use during my work day. At 430 pm I was at 93%. Coupled that with being waterproof and the build quality is second to none.
I am very happy. Anyways, I thought I'd share my experience so far. Hope you find your phone.

Sent from my Coconut Wireless Sony Xperia Z1S

Last edited:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I haven't seen how well the Z1S camera performs, but of the others you mentioned, the S4 wins the camera shootout. The Note 3's is slightly better but I didn't see it in your list of phones.
The Moto X camera is good, but not great.
I'd rank it as follows (minus the Z1S)
1) GS4
2) G2
3) Nexus 5
4) Moto X

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen how well the Z1S camera performs, but of the others you mentioned, the S4 wins the camera shootout. The Note 3's is slightly better but I didn't see it in your list of phones.
The Moto X camera is good, but not great.
I'd rank it as follows (minus the Z1S)
1) GS4
2) G2
3) Nexus 5
4) Moto X

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

I would agree. I've read some very good things on the Z1S camera, but I haven't used one personally so can't comment. I find the Nexus 5 to be quite a bit better than the moto x in low light conditions. Outdoors and in good light they are pretty even.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol