Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Leaving T-Mobile?

    Hello. I am planning to buy a Lg G2. The problem is that I can find them for like 70$ cheaper on sprint. I like T-mobile and get excellent coverage where I live (Los Angeles) and never have had any problems. My brother has sprints and says he regrets getting it? Should I make the switch or is the 70$ worth it?

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    3,810 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,820 Global Posts
    ROM
    WDGI EX Rom v1.0

    Default Re: Leaving T-Mobile?

    Quote Originally Posted by angelisawesome View Post
    Hello. I am planning to buy a Lg G2. The problem is that I can find them for like 70$ cheaper on sprint. I like T-mobile and get excellent coverage where I live (Los Angeles) and never have had any problems. My brother has sprints and says he regrets getting it? Should I make the switch or is the 70$ worth it?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Having a phone that can't be used as a phone is pointless. If the network sucks, I say to choose the network that is best for your area and the experience will be way better.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

    ADB Console by wizzrah. Check it out!: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sof...e-wizzrah.html

  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Leaving T-Mobile?

    Good Point thanks.
    But the other thing that concerns me is that many people in the LG g2 thread on tmobile are saying they had to return their lg g2 a numerous amounts of times. Another phone that caught my eye was the htc one even though its preety much ancient in the smartphone world.

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    3,810 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,820 Global Posts
    ROM
    WDGI EX Rom v1.0

    Default Re: Leaving T-Mobile?

    Quote Originally Posted by angelisawesome View Post
    Good Point thanks.
    But the other thing that concerns me is that many people in the LG g2 thread on tmobile are saying they had to return their lg g2 a numerous amounts of times. Another phone that caught my eye was the htc one even though its preety much ancient in the smartphone world.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Is a Quad Core Qualcomm 600 processor that ancient? I'm still running on a Snapdragon S4 lol
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

    ADB Console by wizzrah. Check it out!: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sof...e-wizzrah.html

  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Leaving T-Mobile?

    Well in the smartphone world it is.

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    3,810 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,820 Global Posts
    ROM
    WDGI EX Rom v1.0

    Default Re: Leaving T-Mobile?

    Quote Originally Posted by angelisawesome View Post
    Well in the smartphone world it is.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Will you notice any difference in real life usage? If you are a basic user that will use it to occasionally browse the web or play games, it is more than enough.

    Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

    ADB Console by wizzrah. Check it out!: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sof...e-wizzrah.html

  7. #7  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    3,810 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,820 Global Posts
    ROM
    WDGI EX Rom v1.0

    Default Re: Leaving T-Mobile?

    I'd say go for the T-Mobile road.

    Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

    ADB Console by wizzrah. Check it out!: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sof...e-wizzrah.html

  8. #8  

    Default Re: Leaving T-Mobile?

    Sprint just seems to be a sinking ship these days, so personally I'd go with T-Mobile, which is very much on the upswing.
  9. #9  
    slave's Avatar

    Posts
    224 Posts
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts

    Default Re: Leaving T-Mobile?

    I am leaving T Mobile for AT&T :/ I live in a suburb of Flint, MI. The entire suburb, which is 2 miles from a major airport, is all edge and H coverage. It's not the refarmed fast HSPA+, it's 2G speed, and actually, I miss over 70% of my phone calls.

    I am on call at work, 7 days a month, and started missing phone calls.

    This sucks.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Leaving T-Mobile?

    Edge?!?! That does suck. You could check back with T-Mobile in another year or so, maybe they will have improved the network in your area by then.

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Leaving T-Mobile?

    Galaxy s4 or lg g2?

    Posted via Android Central App
  12. #12  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    6,498 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,635 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default Re: Leaving T-Mobile?

    Quote Originally Posted by angelisawesome View Post
    Galaxy s4 or lg g2?

    Posted via Android Central App
    I say GS4, but most people will say G2

    Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Leaving T-Mobile?

    Personally, I'd go for the G2. I'm not a big fan of TouchWiz or all of the extra features that Samsung throws into their phones--along with the OS, it takes up a full 8 GB of your internal storage, so a 16 GB S4 only has 8 GB of storage available to the user. The promise of the external microSD card support sounds good on paper, but "Galaxy S4 SD card problem" is a very popular thread around here. Not to say that the S4 is a bad phone--it's still an excellent choice overall. But you should try both out on your own in the store--play around for a while with each on, see how they feel, and see how you like the various UI features of both phones.
  14. #14  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    6,498 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,635 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Personally, I'd go for the G2. I'm not a big fan of TouchWiz or all of the extra features that Samsung throws into their phones--along with the OS, it takes up a full 8 GB of your internal storage, so a 16 GB S4 only has 8 GB of storage available to the user. The promise of the external microSD card support sounds good on paper, but "Galaxy S4 SD card problem" is a very popular thread around here. Not to say that the S4 is a bad phone--it's still an excellent choice overall. But you should try both out on your own in the store--play around for a while with each on, see how they feel, and see how you like the various UI features of both phones.
    The GS4 comes with almost 10 GB out of the box

    Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Thanked by:
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Leaving T-Mobile?

    If it were me i'd go t-mobile and buy a nexus 5.
    The "infraction"
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Leaving T-Mobile?

    The nexus 5 is a good choice since it can be used on any carrier except Verizon and that's only because Verizon won't allow it on their network. If T-mobile's coverage is poor in your area, you can go over to AT&T, which has coverage comparable to Verizon. The LG G2 is a very overrated phone. The camera is way overrated as well. The S4 has a better camera IMO.

Similar Threads

  1. HP Chromebook 14 and T-Mobile
    By B. Diddy in forum Chromebooks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2014, 10:05 AM
  2. simple mobile on at&t note 2
    By glinda12 in forum AT&T Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-05-2014, 12:22 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 10:21 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 07:25 PM
  5. Mms not delivered to other phone on virgin mobile network
    By brantome in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 02:12 AM

Posting Permissions