1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Leaving T-Mobile?

Hello. I am planning to buy a Lg G2. The problem is that I can find them for like 70$ cheaper on sprint. I like T-mobile and get excellent coverage where I live (Los Angeles) and never have had any problems. My brother has sprints and says he regrets getting it? Should I make the switch or is the 70$ worth it?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: Leaving T-Mobile?

Quote Originally Posted by angelisawesome View Post
    Hello. I am planning to buy a Lg G2. The problem is that I can find them for like 70$ cheaper on sprint. I like T-mobile and get excellent coverage where I live (Los Angeles) and never have had any problems. My brother has sprints and says he regrets getting it? Should I make the switch or is the 70$ worth it?

Having a phone that can't be used as a phone is pointless. If the network sucks, I say to choose the network that is best for your area and the experience will be way better.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Good Point thanks.
    But the other thing that concerns me is that many people in the LG g2 thread on tmobile are saying they had to return their lg g2 a numerous amounts of times. Another phone that caught my eye was the htc one even though its preety much ancient in the smartphone world.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Good Point thanks.
    But the other thing that concerns me is that many people in the LG g2 thread on tmobile are saying they had to return their lg g2 a numerous amounts of times. Another phone that caught my eye was the htc one even though its preety much ancient in the smartphone world.

Is a Quad Core Qualcomm 600 processor that ancient? I'm still running on a Snapdragon S4 lol
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well in the smartphone world it is.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Well in the smartphone world it is.

Will you notice any difference in real life usage? If you are a basic user that will use it to occasionally browse the web or play games, it is more than enough.

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

I'd say go for the T-Mobile road.

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk

Sprint just seems to be a sinking ship these days, so personally I'd go with T-Mobile, which is very much on the upswing.

I am leaving T Mobile for AT&T :/ I live in a suburb of Flint, MI. The entire suburb, which is 2 miles from a major airport, is all edge and H coverage. It's not the refarmed fast HSPA+, it's 2G speed, and actually, I miss over 70% of my phone calls.

I am on call at work, 7 days a month, and started missing phone calls.

This sucks.

Edge?!?! That does suck. You could check back with T-Mobile in another year or so, maybe they will have improved the network in your area by then.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Galaxy s4 or lg g2?

Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Galaxy s4 or lg g2?

I say GS4, but most people will say G2

Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

Personally, I'd go for the G2. I'm not a big fan of TouchWiz or all of the extra features that Samsung throws into their phones--along with the OS, it takes up a full 8 GB of your internal storage, so a 16 GB S4 only has 8 GB of storage available to the user. The promise of the external microSD card support sounds good on paper, but "Galaxy S4 SD card problem" is a very popular thread around here. Not to say that the S4 is a bad phone--it's still an excellent choice overall. But you should try both out on your own in the store--play around for a while with each on, see how they feel, and see how you like the various UI features of both phones.

Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Personally, I'd go for the G2. I'm not a big fan of TouchWiz or all of the extra features that Samsung throws into their phones--along with the OS, it takes up a full 8 GB of your internal storage, so a 16 GB S4 only has 8 GB of storage available to the user. The promise of the external microSD card support sounds good on paper, but "Galaxy S4 SD card problem" is a very popular thread around here. Not to say that the S4 is a bad phone--it's still an excellent choice overall. But you should try both out on your own in the store--play around for a while with each on, see how they feel, and see how you like the various UI features of both phones.
    The GS4 comes with almost 10 GB out of the box

Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
    Thanked by:

If it were me i'd go t-mobile and buy a nexus 5.
    The "infraction"

The nexus 5 is a good choice since it can be used on any carrier except Verizon and that's only because Verizon won't allow it on their network. If T-mobile's coverage is poor in your area, you can go over to AT&T, which has coverage comparable to Verizon. The LG G2 is a very overrated phone. The camera is way overrated as well. The S4 has a better camera IMO.