Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogen or Warm

Default Actual cost after taxes for plan

I'm trying to price out my current Verizon plan to compare to what I'd pay switching to T-Mobile. It's hard to do apples to apples. I'd be getting the "SIMPLE CHOICE PLAN: UNLIMITED TALK + TEXT" with 2 lines for a monthly base cost of $120.

What do people pay for a final monthly cost, broken down by service cost vs taxes & fees? For example, my 2 lines on Verizon are $166 (1400 min, 4GB data per line, $5 insurance per line, and 22% access discount) and I have an additional $21 in taxes and fees. I only get 15% at T-Mobile so I really have to run the numbers.

Default Re: Actual cost after taxes for plan

Quote Originally Posted by Telperion View Post
    I'm trying to price out my current Verizon plan to compare to what I'd pay switching to T-Mobile. It's hard to do apples to apples. I'd be getting the "SIMPLE CHOICE PLAN: UNLIMITED TALK + TEXT" with 2 lines for a monthly base cost of $120.

What do people pay for a final monthly cost, broken down by service cost vs taxes & fees? For example, my 2 lines on Verizon are $166 and I have an additional $21 in taxes and fees.

For comparison. I was paying $178 after tax to AT&T for two phones, 900 shared minutes and 2GB data on one phone and 3GB data on the other.

I switched to T-Mobile. Two phone, unlimited talk & text and 2.5GB data on each phone for $100 a month, $119 after tax. Hope that helps!

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Disclaimer: I'm posting with some Grey Goose in me. Hey, itz da weekend.

Anyway, I just jumped from VZW. I was paying $110 after taxes for 4 gigs of data and a 15% discount. I was quoted $80 a month at T-MO and my monthly bill with one line's gonna be $85 + the little bit for the device fees. I recommend running into a T-MO store and getting a breakdown on pricing. I've been with T-MO for a week now and no regrets at all. It's amazing having unlimited data again.

Taxes and fees vary by state.

Whatever your Taxes are with Verizon will be the same with T-mobile. Carriers set the plan prices. State and/or federal taxes aren't set by the providers.

Quote Originally Posted by zorak950 View Post
    Taxes and fees vary by state.
    They also vary by city

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

In California, I have the unlimited everything plan (which includes 2.5 GB of tethering/month) for $70, plus $1.61 regulatory fee, plus $5.16 of other various taxes and fees. So about $77/month. I bought my Nexus 5 from Google, so the cost of the phone doesn't figure into my bill. I also bought a 2 year SquareTrade warranty for $125.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    In California, I have the unlimited everything plan (which includes 2.5 GB of tethering/month) for $70, plus $1.61 regulatory fee, plus $5.16 of other various taxes and fees. So about $77/month. I bought my Nexus 5 from Google, so the cost of the phone doesn't figure into my bill. I also bought a 2 year SquareTrade warranty for $125.
    Weird why yours is so much higher. I am also in California and pay about $3 in taxes and fees per line on Verizon.

Mine would be 81 after it's all said and done but I have a discount right now that covers taxes.. So my bill is 70 a month with some change.. Usually 70.51

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my LG G4 using AC Forums.

Community Rules & Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Weird why yours is so much higher. I am also in California and pay about $3 in taxes and fees per line on Verizon.

The $5.16 might be a little high because that was my first bill, which included a few extra days before the billing cycle started.

Posted via Android Central App

I pay $30 for the $30 plan in Portland, OR.