Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By UJ95x
  • 1 Post By eve6er69
  • 2 Post By Almeuit
  • 1 Post By regression
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default T-Mobile: Paying for more tethering

I am on the $70 a month plan. So far I haven't used all my 2.5 gigs of tethering data. But, if I do, what happens? Will I no longer be able to tether until the next billing cycle or can I pay for more tethering data?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-12-2014 at 09:14 AM.

Global Posts
    5,581 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: Paying for more tethering

Both. You won't be allowed to tether, but you can always add more tethering for a fee

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

Check out T-Mobile's :

Does Smartphone Mobile Hotspot experience data-speed reduction? Or does it shut off (capped) once I reach allotment of high-speed data?

All new data features with limited high-speed data buckets (500MB, 2.5GB, 4.5GB, 6.5GB, 8.5GB, 10.5GB, 12.5GB) will have their tethering (and device) speeds reduced when the high-speed allowance is reached. The Unlimited data feature works a little differently. For Unlimited data features, because tethering is added separately via the Smartphone Mobile Hotspot add-on features, tethering is tracked separately. Once you reach the tethering allocation on your SMHS add-on feature, tethering will stop (be capped) until the beginning of the next bill cycle.
    For devices on the $70/month unlimited plan, your tethering data will stop until the next billing cycle begins.
    Thanked by:

Yes after the 2.5 the data simply stops. You can add more for a higher cost also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    Yes after the 2.5 the data simply stops. You can add more for a higher cost also.

I guess my Google skills aren't all that lately... How do I add more tethering data? I can't find the option on T-Mobile's website.

Quote Originally Posted by regression View Post
    I guess my Google skills aren't all that lately... How do I add more tethering data? I can't find the option on T-Mobile's website.
    Log into your account and go to "Plan". Click change data plan and look through the options there.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by regression View Post
    Almeuit was correct. Remember though. As a Tmobile customer your data plans will be 10 dollars cheaper than what is on a bland page about general customers. Log into your Tmobile page and see the options.

Below are the options I see when going to "Change Data". It should look the same for you OP. You can choose options here but if you need even more they say to call.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile: Paying for more tethering-tm1.png  
    Patrick Schroedl and UJ95x like this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks. I found what I need!