Wow T-mobile service is bad....

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I was an AT&T user on a family plan and decided I wanted to go get my own service and while I liked AT&T service they were much more expensive then T-Mobile which is why I chose T-Mobile. I had a grandfathered unlimited data plan with AT&T on the family plan. The 2 plans I would consider on AT&T is the 2GB mobile share plan at $65 dollars before taxes and 4GB data plan at $95 before taxes. I have a Nexus 5 so I would save money there since I get a discount since I am bringing my own device. While I average around 3GB of Data I would probably be safer to get the 4GB one. I chose T-Mobile because it is simply cheaper for plans there. Since I signed up before March 23rd I got unlimited data with 2.5gb of tethering for $70 before taxes... Works great outside but inside my house I am maybe lucky to get anywhere between 0-3 bars of HSPA + and it is always in flux.

Now my question is should I stick with them? After all this I am ok with the service since I can use my phone service in my living room (Beyond that I can't use my service at all). I can always Sell my nexus 5 for a phone that had wifi calling with T-Mobile and would solve my issue. Also is there any other carrier with unlimited data with speed at least 20 Mbps+ download speeds for around the same price or less?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Call T-Mobile and ask them for a signal booster (Cel-Fi). You only pay for shipping (I looked into this, and for me it would be $6), but you just have to make sure to send the unit back to them intact when you don't need it any more.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Call T-Mobile and ask them for a signal booster (Cel-Fi). You only pay for shipping (I looked into this, and for me it would be $6), but you just have to make sure to send the unit back to them intact when you don't need it any more.

Ah Thanks that's good to know. Can I just go to the store and ask them or do I have to contact customer service?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Either way. I don't think they have them in the store, so it will have to be shipped to you anyway. You have to have at least one bar of service at home for it to be effective.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Either way. I don't think they have them in the store, so it will have to be shipped to you anyway. You have to have at least one bar of service at home for it to be effective.
I get between 1-3 bars of HSPA+ about 6-8 feet away from my window and 1 Bar of LTE. I would guess if I just put it on my Window it would solve all my problems and much cheaper option then just buying a phone from T-Mobile just to use Wifi calling feature

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'd do what B. Diddy said since the nexus doesn't have the wifi calling feature. :)

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Wow, does T-Mobile do this on the $30 plan? Not sure if you have to be on one of their main plans to get one of these for free.

mackie99

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Last time I asked about this I was told they don't send them out anymore. Have they changed their policy in the past 4 months or so?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I got one for free about a week ago (only paid $7 for S&H), and it works very well for the phone signal. I have the unlimited data Simple Choice plan, so I'm not sure if it's available for free on other plans. Their website says that it's offered for free to customers with "certain qualifications." When I was talking with T-Mobile, they told me that you need at least 1 bar of service in your home. Searching the web further suggests that another qualification is good credit (which does make sense, since it's a $600 piece of equipment they're sending you).

Give them a call and see if it's available for you!

mackie99

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I reached out through twitter and they told me to email tforce. I'll see what they say when they respond tomorrow.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Wow, does T-Mobile do this on the $30 plan? Not sure if you have to be on one of their main plans to get one of these for free.

The 30 dollar plan is a pre paid plan. Most things that are available on Tmobile are if you are on the simple choice value post paid plans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Last time I asked about this I was told they don't send them out anymore. Have they changed their policy in the past 4 months or so?

We have one in our store that is still in the box and we're never told to sell it but I'm sure they're still available.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I am sure you do. I'd doubt they'd hand these out to prepaid customers.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995