Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default T-Mobile: Man... unlimited data is such a relief....

I'm a new TMobile customer... came over in early January when they announced the whole Break Up thing.... Coming from VZW, I was paying through the nose for 2G of data (and scared of the overage charges if I went over). I came close to it a couple of times and grumbled while I had to disable my mobile data connection for several days.... When I came over to T-Mobile, it was "Cool! 2.5G AND if I go over, they just slow me down". I could live with that, I thought.

Nope... even though I knew I wouldn't get charged, it was like I had some kind of Post Traumatic Carrier Disorder from those b'stards at Verizon.... I obsessed on my data count, checking widgets constantly, meticulously making sure my data usage was saved and ported to the new ROMs as I loaded... when I didn't have a WiFi link and saw a new build or nightly, I would have to pine for it until I got home... etc... I was always curious as to what kind of performance the LTE connections at my work were because I was even too data-cheap to waste the bandwidth on a speed test app.

When they announced that they would bump me from 2.5 to 3... I thought "AWESOME!" Then I also noticed that the unlimited was going up $10 in the process.... So an extra $10 locks me into unlimited whereas the same plan would be $20 more on the 23rd... I decided it was worth a shot and switch over... worst case is I move back to the 3Gb plan... no loss.

Man, what a relief. Before I was like some crazed, beancounting Scrooge, obsessing over every kilobyte and doing estimates..... Now, hell, I'm a 4G data Porthos.... feasting on data, downloading without a care in the world.... It's like I'm Lindsey Lohan and LTE data is my nose candy! MOAR!!! Here I am, 2 days into my billing cycle and I'm at (only) 750MB... a week ago, I'd be crapping my pants, worried that I just consumed 25% of my data in only two days. Now?

Meh...

We are now about 2 days away from the deadline, right? To anyone out there on the fence about switching up to the unlimited plan before they raise the rates... DO IT!!!!
    prodigy1814 likes this.

Default Re: Man... unlimited data is such a relief....

Love my unlimited data.

Posted via Android Central App

I'm begining to wonder whats up with Verizon, the other three major carriers in the US are lowering prices and Verizon is starting to loose a lot of customers. Sooner or later they will have to lower prices to keep up.....just my opinion and 0.2 cents

Yep I love my unlimited data.. Or well unlimited talk and text to. I simply pick up my phone.. And use it.. No worry about limits or caps.. Just use it how I want at that moment .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogen 6.1

that's exactly the way I thought of it too, however, I delayed the data change until the next billing cycle, which gets me worried, if they will charge me the new price instead.

I love my Verizon Unlimited data. Truly unlimited usage, including official unlimited tethering, and you can use the sim in a tablet or hotspot to get unlimited data. No other carrier offers this, to my knowledge.

It does take a little extra effort to keep unlimited on Verizon when upgrading though.

But since you were on a tiered Verizon plan then yeah tiered data sucks. TMobile unlimited is a good deal is it works for you

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanked by 2:
    Phoenix111Ry 
    Ry and Synycalwon like this.

Just made the jump from Verizon after 18 years. I have four lines one unlimited and the rest 3 gigs each. Plan price with the purchase of four phones is cheaper than my old family share plan. So far so good....We'll see how the etf payoff goes.

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

I will have to look into the best deal. I have unlimited voice,text and 6.5gb data with tethering. used up in just a few days. now limited to .07mbps till 29th

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    I'm begining to wonder whats up with Verizon, the other three major carriers in the US are lowering prices and Verizon is starting to loose a lot of customers. Sooner or later they will have to lower prices to keep up.....just my opinion and 0.2 cents
    they said that the Service quality you get from Verizon compared to AT&T or so on is enough of a reason to get Verizon.... TBH i had AT&T from 2010 till about last week and never had an issue with their service in NYC, Boston and Washington DC and at least they are trying to bring down their prices
    ladyc0524 likes this.

Are you guys experience a data usage point where some "Throttling" begins with your unlimited data? I really have a hard time believing T-mobile is gonna let you get away with 25-40gigs of data usage monthly without some kinda limit.

I've never had any issues with throttling!

That's why I love Sprint. I have a good signal, unlimited data and no throttling.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    That's why I love Sprint. I have a good signal, unlimited data and no throttling.

Same here. Family plan running 18-20gigs monthly. I alone use 11-13...
    Ahh, worry free B-)

Quote Originally Posted by ttwiitch View Post
    Same here. Family plan running 18-20gigs monthly. I alone use 11-13...
    Ahh, worry free B-)

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HothTron View Post
    Are you guys experience a data usage point where some "Throttling" begins with your unlimited data? I really have a hard time believing T-mobile is gonna let you get away with 25-40gigs of data usage monthly without some kinda limit.
    I use 15-20 gigs a month and never been throttled. I know someone who jailbroke his iPhone 5s and uses 40 gig a month, including tethering, never been throttled.

sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3

Should be fully unlimited, up to the limit of the unlimited data, which is around 9.5tb.

On Verizon, I have used 700gb before and never throttled either. T-Mobile should be the same

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Nope. I hit 85 GB on average... Highest I've gone is 120 and never seen any slow down.

tube517 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post

That's why I love T-Mobile, I have good signal, good data speed, unlimited data, and no throttling.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    That's why I love T-Mobile, I have good signal, good data speed, unlimited data, and no throttling.

Higher price tho ;-) 👊

Higher price tho ;-) 👊

No? I used to pay 95 after taxes with Sprint.. I now pay 70 after taxes with T-Mobile.

No? I used to pay 95 after taxes with Sprint.. I now pay 70 after taxes with T-Mobile.

T-Mobile is now 80+taxes
    Sprint is now 70+taxes

Not to mention, when I was in T-Mobile, the fees were outrageous.

Also, with my current family plan of 5 lines, I pay $264 with taxes and fees included.....same plan with T-Mobile, went to check about ten days ago, and it added up to over $300....not including taxes and fees.

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

I have done almost 30GB in the past. Absolutely no throttling at all. Also, I know a few here that uses way more than me.

Sent from my Coconut Wireless Sony Xperia Z1S
    Sent from my Coconut Wireless Sony Xperia Z1S

T-Mobile is now 80+taxes
    Sprint is now 70+taxes

Not to mention, when I was in T-Mobile, the fees were outrageous.

Also, with my current family plan of 5 lines, I pay $264 with taxes and fees included.....same plan with T-Mobile, went to check about ten days ago, and it added up to over $300....not including taxes and fees.

T-Mobile for me is 70 AFTER taxes... 80 is for new customers so again no I don't pay more than I did with Sprint.

I have no fees.. No nothing you're talking about that are outrageous. As you said it might not work for you but you stated I am paying more.. And I am not. Also compared to Sprint I can use my phone.. My area was bad for Sprint and I had horrid 3g whereas now with T-Mobile I have LTE.

Carriers are highly area dependent for the usage factor.

Default Re: T-Mobile: Man... unlimited data is such a relief....

Just to clear up any confusion..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile: Man... unlimited data is such a relief....-1396458637535.jpg  
    Thanked by:

T-Mobile for me is 70 AFTER taxes... 80 is for new customers so again no I don't pay more than I did with Sprint.

I have no fees.. No nothing you're talking about that are outrageous. As you said it might not work for you but you stated I am paying more.. And I am not. Also compared to Sprint I can use my phone.. My area was bad for Sprint and I had horrid 3g whereas now with T-Mobile I have LTE.

Carriers are highly area dependent for the usage factor.

Oh man, I believed you from the get go....but as its stands right now, Sprint is less for new customers when compared with T-Mobile. Every way you see it....
    Currently T-Mobile seems the fastest but that's soon to change by the end of 2015 with LTE-A ;-)

Btw, are you paying a pre-paid or truly unlimited, no 1-5GB tiers they have of "un-throttled data"? $70 is a great single line deal!

rdubmu likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast