T-Mobile: Bye bye to Corporate discounts (update : new accounts only)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Because my plan has no advertising to speak of, I am subsidizing the advertising costs for the other plans! But this is about disparities in pricing available on each plan, not advertising costs.

See you always justify your 30 dollars as your subsidizing advertising, discounts for others, etc.... Yes your money goes to run the business. Regardless of discount or no discount.. You're going to have to pay for your usage and it's going to be used in some way to better benefit the business.

Just like I said by your logic I am subsidizing you am I not? You pay 30 for access to T-Mobile whereas I pay 70 dollars.. So am I not helping T-Mobile's costs so you can have a cheap prepaid plan? In the end we all pay for each other.. T-Mobile profits.. Stays in business to keep on going.

The street goes both ways.. You can't just twist it to your way to make you seem like a victim and ignore other facts that are pointed out using your same logic. You can't say you're costs are paying for all and others aren't.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My main point is we all pay for each other... Businesses pass along prices. Some get deals some don't.. It sucks but that's how it's always been.

When employees get employee discounts do you think the business just takes that cost? Nope. Passed to me and you.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
See you always justify your 30 dollars as your subsidizing advertising, discounts for others, etc.... Yes your money goes to run the business. Regardless of discount or no discount.. You're going to have to pay for your usage and it's going to be used in some way to better benefit the business.
This isn't about benefiting the business - but if we're going to have to benefit the business, customers should be doing it equitably - not equally, but equitably. That is, everyone pays the same price for the same plan. And as I have been saying for a while (somehow people on the other side of the argument just tend to conveniently ignore it), the businesses - i.e. the carriers - have been deciding for a while now that employee discounts don't benefit them much anymore.

Just like I said by your logic I am subsidizing you am I not? You pay 30 for access to T-Mobile whereas I pay 70 dollars.. So am I not helping T-Mobile's costs so you can have a cheap prepaid plan?
Absolutely not. I don't get what you get for your postpaid $70 plan. I'm not sure if you have the grandfathered unlimited data plan or the new 5GB (with 5GB of tethering) plan, but either way, here is a list of things you get that I don't:
  • Minutes: I'm limited to 100 minutes; you have unlimited. Unlimited minutes just by themselves cost an industry standard of $40-$45.
  • Domestic data roaming.
  • International roaming for free for text and data, and calling from international areas for any price (you get it at $0.20 a minute).
  • Conditional call forwarding, or any forwarding for voice mail at all.
  • Tethering.
You are not paying a penny to subsidize me. I am paying less because I'm getting less. People who are on corporate discount plans are paying less, but are not getting less.

When employees get employee discounts do you think the business just takes that cost? Nope. Passed to me and you.
No, employee discounts for employers of a given business are different. Because yes, businesses ultimately pass down all labor cost to the consumer, but that includes wages, benefits, etc. In case of an employee discount within a company, the employer is taking the hit and then passing it on to their own customers. In case of corporate discounts on cell phone plans, your employer is giving you a benefit and passing the cost onto me - who's not their employee or their customer. Because they are giving you a benefit without spending the money themselves - if they were, that would be completely fine.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You are not paying a penny to subsidize me. I am paying less because I'm getting less.

Exactly! Therefore you aren't subsidizing me or anyone's anything either. :). Glad you can see that now.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Exactly! Therefore you aren't subsidizing me or anyone's anything either.
Nope. Just because you say "therefore" doesn't mean your statement logically follows from mine. Again, simply because I'm on a less expensive plan doesn't mean I'm not subsidizing anyone. Anyone paying full price for their specific plan is subsidizing those who aren't paying full price for their specific plan. It's that simple. Whether someone is subsidizing someone else is not determined by comparing total bills. I'm paying for what I'm getting, and if what you're paying for what you're getting less a discount, then I'm subsidizing you unless the discount is universally available.

What you're basically saying is if you used a corporate discount to buy 3 phones and took a 20% discount on each that isn't available on to everyone else, and I only bought one at full price, then I'm not subsidizing you because your total spend would still be higher than mine. That isn't the case. I'm still subsidizing you.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Again if your 30 subsidizes people my 70 does as well. You can't say it doesn't.. Wouldn't make sense.

FYI all my phones are bought full price. Have been since the S3 :).

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Again if your 30 subsidizes people my 70 does as well. You can't say it doesn't.. Wouldn't make sense.
People, yes. Me, no. If you pay full cost of your $70 plan, then yes of course you're subsidizing those who have a corporate discount.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10