Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 70
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default T-Mobile to introduce $40 "Simple Starter Plan" /w 500mb high speed data, unlimited talk, and text

    Tmobile is introducing a new plan for single line. No international text and data. Still a nice move on Tmobile's part

    Day 1 of 3: T-Mobile On a Roll Again with Multiple Initiatives ... First with the Launch of its All-New "Simple Starter Plan" | T-Mobile

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-09-2014 at 02:37 PM.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Tmobile to introduce $40 single line plan with 500mb high speed data, and unlimited talk and tex

    Not bad for people who don't need a lot of data .

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  3. #3  
    raino's Avatar

    Posts
    221 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,553 Global Posts

    Default Re: Tmobile to introduce $40 single line plan with 500mb high speed data, and unlimited talk and tex

    Aio Wireless has a similar $40 ($35 on auto-pay) plan. They cap speeds at 8mbps though, but you get AT&T's network.
    SGH-T999v running stock 4.3
  4. #4  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,698 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Tmobile to introduce $40 single line plan with 500mb high speed data, and unlimited talk and tex

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Tmobile is introducing a new plan for single line. No international text and data. Still a nice move on Tmobile's part

    Day 1 of 3: T-Mobile On a Roll Again with Multiple Initiatives ... First with the Launch of its All-New "Simple Starter Plan" | T-Mobile

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    This same plan was $50 before, right? If only they had kept the unlimited plan at $70

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  5. #5  

    Default Tmobile to introduce $40 single line plan with 500mb high speed data, and unl...

    I'm on aio. Would not mind trying this out to see how tmobile is on my are but they charge for SIM cards which j think is a rip off. I'll just keep my 2.5gb on aio for $45.


    Sent from my Galaxy S5 using tapatalk.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Tmobile to introduce $40 single line plan with 500mb high speed data, and unlimited talk and tex

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    This same plan was $50 before, right? If only they had kept the unlimited plan at $70

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    The simple choice plan still exists and is available if you opt for it. Paying $10 more gives you international text and data

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  7. #7  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,698 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Tmobile to introduce $40 single line plan with 500mb high speed data, and unl...

    Quote Originally Posted by aokusman View Post
    I'm on aio. Would not mind trying this out to see how tmobile is on my are but they charge for SIM cards which j think is a rip off. I'll just keep my 2.5gb on aio for $45.


    Sent from my Galaxy S5 using tapatalk.
    One time fee of $10. How is that a ripoff?
    You'd probably be better off with your plan though, as it has 2GB more data

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Tmobile to introduce $40 single line plan with 500mb high speed data, and unl...

    Quote Originally Posted by aokusman View Post
    I'm on aio. Would not mind trying this out to see how tmobile is on my are but they charge for SIM cards which j think is a rip off. I'll just keep my 2.5gb on aio for $45.


    Sent from my Galaxy S5 using tapatalk.
    Free sim from tmobile,


    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=3566819

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanked by:
    UJ95x likes this.
  9. #9  
    yfan's Avatar

    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    911 Global Posts

    Default Re: Tmobile to introduce $40 single line plan with 500mb high speed data, and unl...

    This is pretty dope. What sets it apart from Aio's plans - other than the fact that this isn't an MVNO - is that the Simple Starter plan allows you to buy a phone on monthly installments. And of course, the plan is eligible for Contract Freedom.

    But T-Mobile's target is Verizon and AT&T's single line plans @ $45. This plan is both cheaper and includes more data, as well as no overages. I'm liking this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Tmobile to introduce $40 single line plan with 500mb high speed data, and unl...

    I don't really see the value

    The 30 dollar walmart plan offers more data, but less minutes

    The 50 dollar plan doesn't have a "hard" cap. I don't see why anyone wouldn't go for the 50 dollar plan just because it offers a soft cap
  11. #11  
    yfan's Avatar

    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    911 Global Posts

    Default Re: Tmobile to introduce $40 single line plan with 500mb high speed data, and unl...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigballer View Post
    I don't really see the value

    The 30 dollar walmart plan offers more data, but less minutes

    The 50 dollar plan doesn't have a "hard" cap. I don't see why anyone wouldn't go for the 50 dollar plan just because it offers a soft cap
    The Simple Starter plan is obviously not for everyone. But I can imagine a lot of people who will find value in saving $10 a month and still have unlimited talk and text. Maybe they don't need more than 500 MB of data (either don't use data much or have access to wifi nearly everywhere) and want to put the extra $10 towards paying off their phone. It won't fit everyone's needs, but for those whose needs it will fit, this is a great plan.
    Almeuit and UJ95x like this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Tmobile to introduce $40 single line plan with 500mb high speed data, and unl...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigballer View Post
    I don't really see the value

    The 30 dollar walmart plan offers more data, but less minutes

    The 50 dollar plan doesn't have a "hard" cap. I don't see why anyone wouldn't go for the 50 dollar plan just because it offers a soft cap
    This is for those who need Unlimited Talk and text. I believe that the Walmart $30 plan has 100 minutes which may not be enough for some.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  13. #13  
    raino's Avatar

    Posts
    221 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,553 Global Posts

    Default Re: T-Mobile to introduce $40 "Simple Starter Plan" /w 500mb high speed data, unlimited talk, and te

    There is a $35 unlimited talk and text prepaid plan. No data though.

    So what this new option has going for it, really, is EIP.
    SGH-T999v running stock 4.3
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Tmobile to introduce $40 single line plan with 500mb high speed data, and unl...

    Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    The Simple Starter plan is obviously not for everyone. But I can imagine a lot of people who will find value in saving $10 a month and still have unlimited talk and text. Maybe they don't need more than 500 MB of data (either don't use data much or have access to wifi nearly everywhere) and want to put the extra $10 towards paying off their phone. It won't fit everyone's needs, but for those whose needs it will fit, this is a great plan.
    But you're still guaranteed the throttled "soft" cap once you do go over your data allowance.

    I think tmobile took a step backwards when they removed the "soft" data cap and therefore allowing you to purchase "X" amount of data that expires in "Y" amount of time; Nothing "uncarrier" about it at all. Call me a consumerist, but I can only see the value in this 40 dollar plan if they didn't remove the soft data cap. Normally, I'm a big fan of John Legere and what he's doing, but this doesn't seem that industry breaking to me.

    Many people may not see the value in the throttled data, but it still allows you to stream Pandora and use Google maps and therefore consumers bleed less every month when they pay their monthly bill.
    jdbii likes this.
  15. #15  
    yfan's Avatar

    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    911 Global Posts

    Default Re: Tmobile to introduce $40 single line plan with 500mb high speed data, and unl...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigballer View Post
    I think tmobile took a step backwards when they removed the "soft" data cap and therefore allowing you to purchase "X" amount of data that expires in "Y" amount of time; Nothing "uncarrier" about it at all. Call me a consumerist, but I can only see the value in this 40 dollar plan if they didn't remove the soft data cap. Normally, I'm a big fan of John Legere and what he's doing, but this doesn't seem that industry breaking to me.

    Many people may not see the value in the throttled data, but it still allows you to stream Pandora and use Google maps and therefore consumers bleed less every month when they pay their monthly bill.
    No doubt it would be better if they kept unlimited throttled data for this plan. But it IS a $40 a plan. If you need access to throttled data (as well as unlimited minutes and texts), you should go with the $50 plan. This plan simply isn't for anyone who needs more than 500 MB of mobile data in a month - at any speed. But that doesn't mean it isn't an appealing option for anyone.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Tmobile to introduce $40 single line plan with 500mb high speed data, and unl...

    Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    No doubt it would be better if they kept unlimited throttled data for this plan. But it IS a $40 a plan. If you need access to throttled data (as well as unlimited minutes and texts), you should go with the $50 plan. This plan simply isn't for anyone who needs more than 500 MB of mobile data in a month - at any speed. But that doesn't mean it isn't an appealing option for anyone.
    I suppose this plan wouldn't be half bad for users who use wifi most of the day or simply don't use much data at all. But not having unlimited throttled data is a big deterrent in my book.

    Hands down though, the 5 line family plan, $110 a month is the best deal ever.
  17. #17  
    tube517's Avatar

    Posts
    816 Posts
    ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

    Default Re: Tmobile to introduce $40 single line plan with 500mb high speed data, and unl...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigballer View Post
    I suppose this plan wouldn't be half bad for users who use wifi most of the day or simply don't use much data at all. But not having unlimited throttled data is a big deterrent in my book.

    Hands down though, the 5 line family plan, $110 a month is the best deal ever.
    I think all of us here in AC forums would love unlimited data. But, there is a whole world out there that only need talk/text and this plan is what TMobile is trying to get - that segment. My co-workers that have android phones mainly use talk/text. But they are getting ripped off by the other carriers. We have unlimited wifi at work so we're lucky. And they aren't heavy users like me.

    I use the $30 100 minute plan but now that Google Voice is changing in May, I have to explore other options now. I may stay with the $30 plan, I may not.
    TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean 4.1.2 ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (i717) • CM11 4.4.2 kitkat (jamied)
    Samsung GalaxyTab 3 (7 in) • Deleterious ROM
    HTC EVO 4G • Deck's Reloaded ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (i317) unlocked • Ditto Note 3.1.1 (4.3) ROM
    B&N Nook Color (Gifted to relative)
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail • Half A$$ed ROM
    EVO Shift• JellyBelly ROM
    Samsung Galaxy S3 • DanKang 4.3.1 ROM

  18. #18  
    jdbii's Avatar

    Posts
    641 Posts
    Global Posts
    686 Global Posts

    Default Re: Tmobile to introduce $40 single line plan with 500mb high speed data, and unl...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigballer View Post
    Many people may not see the value in the throttled data, but it still allows you to stream Pandora and use Google maps and therefore consumers bleed less every month when they pay their monthly bill.
    Is T-mobile's throttled speeds fast enough to stream Pandora?
    I've heard that AIO has pretty good throttled speeds, but I was under the impression that Tmobile's throttled speeds were all but useless.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: T-Mobile to introduce $40 "Simple Starter Plan" /w 500mb high speed data, unlimited talk, and te

    Should be OK on low quality

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanked by:
    jdbii 
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Tmobile to introduce $40 single line plan with 500mb high speed data, and unl...

    Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    The Simple Starter plan is obviously not for everyone. But I can imagine a lot of people who will find value in saving $10 a month and still have unlimited talk and text. Maybe they don't need more than 500 MB of data (either don't use data much or have access to wifi nearly everywhere) and want to put the extra $10 towards paying off their phone. It won't fit everyone's needs, but for those whose needs it will fit, this is a great plan.
    To be honest if your buying a Plan from any of the 4 Big carriers ( Metro PCS still offers their own plans so i wouldn't include them with T-mobile so they apply to what i am saying) I would think this is a ripoff considering taxes bring it up around $50. If you can pay that $50 might as well go up to $60 after taxes. Honestly if that is to much I would just suggest Virgin Mobile for $35 you get unlimited data, texting and calling with a soft cap of 3GB i believe with taxes included i believe. Also Metro PCS offers unlimited talk, text and unlimited data with a 500MB soft cap for $40 with taxes included with T-mobile service which is the much better deal imo
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Tmobile to introduce $40 single line plan with 500mb high speed data, and unl...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigballer View Post
    I suppose this plan wouldn't be half bad for users who use wifi most of the day or simply don't use much data at all. But not having unlimited throttled data is a big deterrent in my book.

    Hands down though, the 5 line family plan, $110 a month is the best deal ever.
    But that's for your needs and that's why you see not having unlimited throttled data as bad... Some may not need more than 500 MB.

    An example of another point of view depending on needs is my own... As for you unlimited throttled data is okay... Whereas for me I personally can't do without unlimited.. Unthrottled data. I need the full thing since I do many data heavy tasks.

    So it really depends on the person. My parents could survive on that. They use 150 MB at most.. Between the 2 of them.. A month. That's it.. 150 MB is high for them.. I'd say their average is 100 MB a month between the two of them. I never could do that lol :P.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Tmobile to introduce $40 single line plan with 500mb high speed data, and unl...

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    But that's for your needs and that's why you see not having unlimited throttled data as bad... Some may not need more than 500 MB.

    An example of another point of view depending on needs is my own... As for you unlimited throttled data is okay... Whereas for me I personally can't do without unlimited.. Unthrottled data. I need the full thing since I do many data heavy tasks.

    So it really depends on the person. My parents could survive on that. They use 150 MB at most.. Between the 2 of them.. A month. That's it.. 150 MB is high for them.. I'd say their average is 100 MB a month between the two of them. I never could do that lol :P.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Then they should go to Metro PCS Cheaper and you get a lot more with that money. Metro PCS is $40 with taxes included vs T-mobile starter plan which is $40 + taxes
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Tmobile to introduce $40 single line plan with 500mb high speed data, and unl...

    Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    Then they should go to Metro PCS Cheaper and you get a lot more with that money. Metro PCS is $40 with taxes included vs T-mobile starter plan which is $40 + taxes
    Metro is unlimited throttled. As I said I need unlimited unthrottled... Hence why I am on T-Mobile with the fully unlimited data plan .

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Tmobile to introduce $40 single line plan with 500mb high speed data, and unl...

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Metro is unlimited throttled. As I said I need unlimited unthrottled... Hence why I am on T-Mobile with the fully unlimited data plan .

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

    I was referring to your parants... Also for $60 you get Metro PCS unthrottled LTE Data
  25. #25  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,698 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: Tmobile to introduce $40 single line plan with 500mb high speed data, and unl...

    Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    I was referring to your parants... Also for $60 you get Metro PCS unthrottled LTE Data
    Data speeds on Metro PCS are a lot slower than T-Mo, at least where I live. Coverage on T-Mo is a lot better around here as well

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-06-2014, 06:16 AM
  2. Verizon Galaxy S3 and KitKat
    By gwhizkids in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-27-2014, 02:26 PM
  3. Rooted S3 to KitKat Update
    By CheviiJ in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-10-2014, 01:57 PM
  4. M7's Boomsound sounds richer and fuller than M8
    By sniffs in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 01:28 PM

Posting Permissions