tmobile insurance

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
So I have a big issue I have had 3 z1s due to device issues well the 2nd one I sent back in 3 days for the same problem well now I'm being told there was water damage in the lid screen I have no idea how a water proof phone that has never been in the water received water damage. Are they sending refurbished phones out? I am really lost because how do you prove to them they are wrong. I called they said they will look into it but it makes no since. Any advice out there

Posted via Android Central App

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the world of big business insurance.
Im guessing your dealing with Asurion since you mention insurance. IF so then YES you were sent a refurbished phone.
The ONLY time these companies send out new phones is if they are a brand new model and they dont have any to send OR if they are so back logged on stock they have to buy units.
The vast majority of the time you are getting someone elses damaged phone that has been repaired and refurbished so they can send you a replacement.
Unfortunately they seem to have quality control problems. Read the forums enough and you will hear people complain about insurance replacement phones causing problems.
I dealt with this a lot when i managed a Sprint / Nextel service center. People would come in with a replacement device that had problems and we were told we couldnt touch it since it was warrantied by Asurion and not us.
Unfortunately its your word against theirs. The only thing i can suggest is that you had this phone for a very limited amount of time and it came from them.

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply I'm waiting for a callback by Friday for the report I filed so I will update the thread. It's just a bummer that android device have this problem that you go threw the carrier for insurance instead of the repair centers.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I can understand the frustration. Its a give and take relationship.
iPhones are easier to repair because they have 1 size fits all mentality.
But with Android we get so many choices. Unfortunately Asurion is a business and its in their best interest to repair units as little as possible to get them back on the streets. I for one think it gives the industry a black eye but im also reading a thread about several people complaining about HTC warrantying blue camera tint units taking for ever with no communication, and thats directly with the manufacturer.
I guess i spoil my customers with good customer service and high quality products, but then again they also pay more for those services.
If you want something done cheap you have to give up something, either customer service or quality.

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
So a few months and tons of calls saying I haven't received an update on my insurance claim I received an email and they credit my account from there resurch center. They finally got to my device and read my report and realized it didn't make any since. Man it feels good knowing that they really looked in to my problem. Just an update thanks

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
So a few months and tons of calls saying I haven't received an update on my insurance claim I received an email and they credit my account from there resurch center. They finally got to my device and read my report and realized it didn't make any since. Man it feels good knowing that they really looked in to my problem. Just an update thanks

So what ended up happening?

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21