Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 2 Post By dpham00
  • 4 Post By Rirruto
  • 1 Post By MalachyNG
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default T-Mobile International Travelers are using 28 times more data than before.

Pretty awesome. 3x more calls, 7x more texting, and 28x more data.

T-Mo customers using 28 times more data internationally than before | TmoNewsTmoNews

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by:
    MERCDROID likes this.

Global Posts
    24,235 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: T-Mobile International Travelers are using 28 times more data than before.

Definitely shows people can and will use their data.

From an SOKP Nexus 5

Phone Timeline
    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
    MERCDROID likes this.

Default Re: T-Mobile International Travelers are using 28 times more data than before.

Is there any data as to actual usage? As in now many calls, texts, and data was used?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Is there any data as to actual usage? As in now many calls, texts, and data was used?

Sadly no. I checked around the newsroom on T-Mobile and didn't see that data .

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Sadly no. I checked around the newsroom on T-Mobile and didn't see that data .

I am guessing before very little international data was used. So saying a 28 time increase is a lot relatively but the amount still might be pretty low. Because if the number was high then I would think that tmobile would advertise it

Thanked by:
    Almeuit and jdbii like this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I am guessing before very little international data was used. So saying a 28 time increase is a lot relatively but the amount still might be pretty low. Because if the number was high then I would think that tmobile would advertise it

Agreed. .

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

Being able to use my phone like normal this weekend in Toronto was pretty great. Yes, it was definitely slower but it was very usable. I got my Gmail and corporate email instantly, sent/received plenty of text and picture messages as well as WhatsApp, posted pics to Instagram and used Google Nav quite a bit. Glad T-Mo introduced this great feature.

I am glad they offer it because one of the big sticking points whenever I visited friends in Canada was mobile data and roaming not to mention texting/calling to meet up costing extra money. Being able to use maps when out of range of hotel wifi would be nice too, even at a snails pace connection.
    MERCDROID likes this.

Yeah, I doubt much data was used at $15/MB which seems to be the standard for countries outside of the Simple Choice plan.