Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By zorak950
  • 1 Post By yfan
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Has T-Mobile dumped the "My Account" app for Android?

I just got a Nexus 5 and can only find the "T-Mobile My Account "LEGACY" version of the my account app on goole play store, it says it's incompatible with my device. Anyone know what gives?

Global Posts
    911 Global Posts

Default Re: Has T-Mobile dumped the "My Account" app for Android?

I see the T-Mobile my account app just fine in the Play store, last updated on April 1, 2014. I'm on a nexus 5 as well

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I see it too and it says it's not compatible with the Nexus 5. I am logged into my google play store account.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

You can clearly see it says is INCOMPATIBLE lol...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has T-Mobile dumped the "My Account" app for Android?-untitled.jpg  
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

And even this one the non "legacy" one...incompatible.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has T-Mobile dumped the "My Account" app for Android?-untitled.jpg  

I don't know what they're doing to screw their app compatibility up, but I had the same thing with Visual Voicemail when I set up my mom's N5. I waited week and it was fixed. If you don't want to wait, you can probably grab the APK from a third party website, or perhaps some kind soul who knows how to do such things will post it here.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by zorak950 View Post
    I don't know what they're doing to screw their app compatibility up, but I had the same thing with Visual Voicemail when I set up my mom's N5. I waited week and it was fixed. If you don't want to wait, you can probably grab the APK from a third party website, or perhaps some kind soul who knows how to do such things will post it here.
    So are you saying even though it says it's incompatible that it's not and it will work? Go ahead and download it then?

Sure, if you can. The worst that can happen is it won't work and you uninstall it.
    Edit: just make sure you get the app from a reputable source if you can't get it direct from the Play Store.
    tube517 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    So are you saying even though it says it's incompatible that it's not and it will work? Go ahead and download it then?
    Yup. For months it said visual voicemail wasn't compatible with the Nexus 5, but it worked perfectly if you side-loaded it.

Global Posts
    911 Global Posts

You can clearly see it says is INCOMPATIBLE lol...
    That's odd. It shows compatible for me.

Has T-Mobile dumped the "My Account" app for Android?-tmoscreenshot2.png

One thing I am seeing different though is that mine says T-Mobile US LGE Nexus 5 and your screenshot says Nexus 5 32GB. Do you have a T-Mobile SIM card in your phone? Also is your phone rooted? Do you have a custom ROM on it? Mine is stock and unrooted.

Here is a direct link. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.pr.mytmobile

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    That's odd. It shows compatible for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmoscreenshot2.PNG 
Views:	78 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	118557

One thing I am seeing different though is that mine says T-Mobile US LGE Nexus 5 and your screenshot says Nexus 5 32GB. Do you have a T-Mobile SIM card in your phone? Also is your phone rooted? Do you have a custom ROM on it? Mine is stock and unrooted.
    No dude you can rename your device in the play store to whatever you want it, just go under settings and it lists your devices there, click on edit and you can rename to what u want it to say. Actually no I do not have a SIM card yet, I just got my device from Google yesterday, why would that make a difference? If the app is compatible with Nexus 5 it should show that regardless of whether I have a activated SIM or not, no?

Global Posts
    911 Global Posts

Actually no I do not have a SIM card yet, I just got my device from Google yesterday, why would that make a difference? If the app is compatible with Nexus 5 it should show that regardless of whether I have a activated SIM or not, no?
    No. App developers can designate criteria beyond a device for compatibility. It's possible that T-Mobile restricts their app only to devices with a T-Mobile SIM card in it. I'd wait till you get your T-Mobile SIM card and insert it in your Nexus 5 and see if that makes things work.
    ChromeJob likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    No. App developers can designate criteria beyond a device for compatibility. It's possible that T-Mobile restricts their app only to devices with a T-Mobile SIM card in it. I'd wait till you get your T-Mobile SIM card and insert it in your Nexus 5 and see if that makes things work.
    I hadn't thought of that, I guess that kinda makes sense. Will check it out tomorrow after I get my line activated at a store and will update.

Thanks!

Oh, you don't have a SIM yet? Yeah, there's your problem.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

BTW, what is the difference between the "legacy" version and the regular one?

They look and function differently. Also, I don't think the old one is supported anymore.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

And the "old one" would be the "legacy" one?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

So guys I got my account activated today at a T-Mobile store, have an active SIM in the device and still both the legacy version of the app and the non legacy version of the app continue to show "incompatible." So I don't know what is going on with this...however my speeds on LTE are crazy, over 40MB/s on the download and almost 20MB/s on the up! That is unbelievable.

I suggest just using your browser to access the T-Mobile site if you want to access your bill and do other activities. The app seems even slower than the mobile site in its access, and the only other function it provides is the "Phone Health" feature, which I find fairly useless. Probably also takes up a bit of RAM as well. So don't even bother with the app!

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Global Posts
    911 Global Posts

So guys I got my account activated today at a T-Mobile store, have an active SIM in the device and still both the legacy version of the app and the non legacy version of the app continue to show "incompatible." So I don't know what is going on with this...
    Assuming you have already restarted your phone, the only thing I can think to do is to call T-Mobile and ask them what's going on. I can't figure out why it works on some Nexus 5's with a T-Mobile SIM card and not on others.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Now it says it's compatible...maybe my account just needed to update in their system?