Uncarrier 5.0

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I will be tuning in to see for sure... Very curious!

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8 using AC Forums.

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if it's about the "Underground" that it's being talked about on the front page.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it's about the "Underground" that it's being talked about on the front page.

Posted via Android Central App

It may be but I don't think they'd unveil it before hand... I think it may be merger talks (Sprint). Hence this tweet the other day from T-Mobile's CEO John Legere....

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1402018119170.jpg
    1402018119170.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 91

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It may be but I don't think they'd unveil it before hand... I think it may be merger talks (Sprint). Hence this tweet the other day from T-Mobile's CEO John Legere....

might be expansion of voLTE or something, possibly expansion of wifi calling to GPE/nexus devices. bake it into android like how apple is baking in wifi calling to ios8

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
might be expansion of voLTE or something, possibly expansion of wifi calling to GPE/nexus devices. bake it into android like how apple is baking in wifi calling to ios8

Doubtful since Sprint has been talking to them about buying them out. There isn't much discussion on wifi calling.. It's coming.. That's it.

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Doubtful since Sprint has been talking to them about buying them out. There isn't much discussion on wifi calling.. It's coming.. That's it.

I don't think the carriers would go out and confirm the merger..... yet

It still has to be reviewed by the DOJ/FCC and many regulators are hesitant on approving.

And Sprint.... tsk tsk

Sprint CEO Hesse Contradicts Masayoshi Son on Fixed LTE Plans | DSLReports, ISP Information

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the carriers would go out and confirm the merger..... yet

It still has to be reviewed by the DOJ/FCC and many regulators are hesitant on approving.

And Sprint.... tsk tsk

Sprint CEO Hesse Contradicts Masayoshi Son on Fixed LTE Plans | DSLReports, ISP Information

They would announce before going to regulators. Just like AT&T did. They announce their plans and have to wait for the green light from regulators.

cellomj

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
How about upping the data roaming limit from the current pathetic 10mb per month. 250mb/month would be a good start.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
How about upping the data roaming limit from the current pathetic 10mb per month. 250mb/month would be a good start.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

It's associated with the data usage you have.

Something like: 10 mb roaming for your 1 gb data plan
50 for 3 gb
and 100 mb for unlimited data plan

Doubt they would do that. Roaming costs are expensive

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ah, that's good to know. I may be looking for a new handset before too much longer. I need WiFi calling, but I don't want typical manufacturer and carrier bloatware.

Jim

Well it's already available on T-Mobile branded Android phones... The recent announcement about it is just for the iPhone getting it.

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well it's already available on T-Mobile branded Android phones... The recent announcement about it is just for the iPhone getting it.

If Apple can do it for Tmobile, I'm sure there's absolutely no reason why Google can't for Nexus/GPE. That and hopefully a "better" version of visual voicemail

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Well it's already available on T-Mobile branded Android phones...
Yes, but TMO-branded handsets are riddled with bloatware. I'd love to get a N5 or Moto-X with WiFi calling. Those devices w/o WiFi calling are of no use to me because TMO's coverage is so lacking, and TMO-branded phones are of no interest because of the manufacturer and TMO bloatware.

Jim

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If Apple can do it for Tmobile, I'm sure there's absolutely no reason why Google can't for Nexus/GPE. That and hopefully a "better" version of visual voicemail

Yeah it would be nice that's for sure.

Yes, but TMO-branded handsets are riddled with bloatware. I'd love to get a N5 or Moto-X with WiFi calling. Those devices w/o WiFi calling are of no use to me because TMO's coverage is so lacking, and TMO-branded phones are of no interest because of the manufacturer and TMO bloatware.

Jim

True.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish