Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S5 or Note 3

I've been having issues with my nexus 5 with battery issues and many more things. I'm looking to get a new device and I can't decide what to get. Give me some insight!

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: S5 or Note 3

The main deciding factor for many people is the S Pen, which can only be used on a Note device. In my opinion the note 3 is far superior to any phone because of it. But if you wouldn't use that then the differences between the two phones are more minor.

I personally like the Note 3 but I have to admit the S5 is a very nice phone. I am waiting a few months and probably grabbing a Note 4...unless the Moto X+1 is just way too awesome .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

im new to android and got the S5 and its a awesome phone but within a week i wished i would have gotten the note 3 but thought coming from a iphone i thought the s5 would be a big jump in screen size for me well i was wrong lol definitely will be getting the note 4
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I would love to grab a note 4 but I really can't wait that long. My nexus 5 is having serious battery issues and I am lucky to get 5-6 hours put of it with light usage.

wait for GPE S5.

Never, never again am I going back to carrier branded phones.

Are you speaking of a t mobile carrier branded S5 or Note 3? Using a N5 now on t mobile as you are, id say you might be disappointed with either phone b/c they lack the N5s speed, vanilla android OS and lack of TW and carrier apps that plague the carrier branded phones that t mobile offers. I used a N4 and S3 on t mobile and was plagued by horrible reception. Im still on t mobile but with a moto x and so far it works the best ..YMMV
    The "infraction"

Quote Originally Posted by itic View Post
    Are you speaking of a t mobile carrier branded S5 or Note 3? Using a N5 now on t mobile as you are, id say you might be disappointed with either phone b/c they lack the N5s speed, vanilla android OS and lack of TW and carrier apps that plague the carrier branded phones that t mobile offers. I used a N4 and S3 on t mobile and was plagued by horrible reception. Im still on t mobile but with a moto x and so far it works the best ..YMMV
    I feel like Motorola incorporates better/stronger radios into their phones compared to Samsung. Samsung's radios are seriously on the cheap side.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Yes I am speaking on t mobile. The n5 is terrible. Battery is pathetic, my data consistently drops, the phone is bad at picking up LTE, and it runs extremely hot when you use the device for more than 30 seconds. I've been disappointed with this phone since I got it in December. The camera is another flaw, its really slow and causes the device to lag.

Banned

Global Posts
    3,605 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jpr View Post
    The main deciding factor for many people is the S Pen, which can only be used on a Note device. In my opinion the note 3 is far superior to any phone because of it. But if you wouldn't use that then the differences between the two phones are more minor.
    Even with never using the s pen there is more featured the note 3 have over the s5....battery life I would guess since the s4 and s5 battery is about the same and note 3 outlasts the s4 by a lot. 3gb of ram, 32gb 9f storage as the base model and a 5.7 screen

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,605 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by itic View Post
    Plagued? Lol.... Note 3 is just as fast as the nexus 5 and this from somebody who actually have used a nexus 5 and a T-Mobile branded note 3

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Lol...yeah if you only consider speed. Are you still using both?
    The "infraction"