angelisawesome

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello I hear that VOLTE will be rolling out to Galaxy s5's tomorrow and I am wondering how it will happen will there be an update or how will we get it?

Posted via Android Central App

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Do you have an option in your call settings for using VoLTE? The Note 3 got an update last month that added the option. If you don't have the setting then I would guess you will be getting an update but I don't know anything for certain. When our update came out, most of us had to download it through Kies because the OTA rollout was very stretched out.

angelisawesome

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Okay, thanks cause I saw it in when I opened the app. There was a story that said that VOLTE was coming to the galaxy s5 tomorrow. Also what exactly is it? Do you have it turned on in your Galaxy Note 3?

Posted via Android Central App

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
It allows voice calls over the LTE network. It's supposed to make call connections faster and calls clearer. Without VoLTE you will see your data connection drop down when you are on a call. With VoLTE your LTE connection will stay active.

Yes I have it activated and live in one of the markets that has it. I've tested it and it works. I don't make a lot of calls but the ones I've made since it became active have connected faster for me and I've retained full LTE data speeds while on the phone. I can't really comment on call clarity since I never really notice those things unless there is something obvious like static, which I've never experienced on this phone.