List of volte and wideband lte markets

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Not sure

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

Yep you're on wideband (15x15). You can see it in the screenshot (see below).

Speeds can vary due to many factors.. They could still be working on the towers... The speed test server the app chose could be bad.. So many factors.

As you can see in my previous screenshot I was on 20x20 (that is even faster) and they haven't announced that yet.. So they must be working on the towers. I could tell they were working on the towers because my pings were in the 150+ for about 2 weeks (or a little less) and now I'm seeing that.

So they're upgrading and working.. You'll probably see faster and faster speeds as they beef it up and get it running at its full capabilities.. The 15x15 signal is there though :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1405977156400.jpg
    1405977156400.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 21

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Hope so...not that it's a huge deal LTE is already pretty fast but I was excited to try out...plus Tampa is one of the markets for that 700 mhz purchase from Verizon

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Hope so...not that it's a huge deal LTE is already pretty fast but I was excited to try out...plus Tampa is one of the markets for that 700 mhz purchase from Verizon

There still aren't any devices that support that particular 700 mhz band. I'm hoping it can be done with a firmware upgrade, but methinks the FCC might object.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
There still aren't any devices that support that particular 700 mhz band. I'm hoping it can be done with a firmware upgrade, but methinks the FCC might object.

You sure? Could of swore one of our mods has used that band for Verizon.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

No worries. As long as you are getting like 15 or more Mbps you'll be able to do whatever. :).

But I agree... Big numbers are nice :D.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just some clarification. TMobile bought 700MHz lower block A. This is part of band 12 which consists of 700MHz lower blocks a, b, and c. There is a subset of lower block a consisting of blocks b and c, known as b17. Verizon uses 700MHz upper block c, which is b13. There is also a public safety band in the 700MHz spectrum

maraqe5u.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

Was told that a simple firmware upgrade could make them compatible but who knows. They did a firmware upgrade for the wideband and the VoLTE what's the diff?

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Was told that a simple firmware upgrade could make them compatible but who knows. They did a firmware upgrade for the wideband and the VoLTE what's the diff?

The difference is that the FCC certified the device for a specific set of frequencies that did NOT include the 700 MHz Block A frequencies. They'd have to re-submit paperwork and testing results to the FCC which include that frequency set before they'd be allowed to sell the device here.

Wideband and VOLTE are all software. Block A is actually a radio frequency change, even if the support for it is present in the hardware, it wasn't enabled or tested. While it COULD make it compatible, there's a question of whether they'll be ALLOWED to make it compatible.

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
The difference is that the FCC certified the device for a specific set of frequencies that did NOT include the 700 MHz Block A frequencies. They'd have to re-submit paperwork and testing results to the FCC which include that frequency set before they'd be allowed to sell the device here.

Wideband and VOLTE are all software. Block A is actually a radio frequency change, even if the support for it is present in the hardware, it wasn't enabled or tested. While it COULD make it compatible, there's a question of whether they'll be ALLOWED to make it compatible.

Sounds like you have a little bit more knowledge in this area than I do so I'll take your word for it...but I'm thinking that since the same device is out for Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T Mobile as well as local carriers that issue would have been addressed no? Sounds more like a Samsung issue than a carrier issue

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you have a little bit more knowledge in this area than I do so I'll take your word for it...but I'm thinking that since the same device is out for Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T Mobile as well as local carriers that issue would have been addressed no? Sounds more like a Samsung issue than a carrier issue

No, they're all different model numbers, submitted seperately for FCC approval. You should check out their website, it's really interesting. Just as an example, here's three of the LG G3s (I'm an LG guy myself).

AT&T version: https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repo...mFrame=N&application_id=222788&fcc_id=ZNFD850
T-Mobile version: https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repo...mFrame=N&application_id=268152&fcc_id=ZNFD851
Verizon version: https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repo...Frame=N&application_id=252995&fcc_id=ZNFVS985

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

As said above, they are different devices. The reason why b12 is not supported is because no major carrier needed them until now. It could also be a move to squeeze the little carriers out, as some regional carriers have b12 spectrum.

The major carriers specify what they want. For example, tmobile has wifi calling. The Verizon g3 has the Verizon logo on the front. And numerous other carrier specific requests.

The only manufacturer that has the autonomy would be apple. It doesn't do carrier specific software, and can push updates as it pleases(without the need for carrier approval) . The Verizon, T-Mobile, and att versions of the 5s and 5c are the same exact model number.

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
As said above, they are different devices. The reason why b12 is not supported is because no major carrier needed them until now. It could also be a move to squeeze the little carriers out, as some regional carriers have b12 spectrum.

The major carriers specify what they want. For example, tmobile has wifi calling. The Verizon g3 has the Verizon logo on the front. And numerous other carrier specific requests.

The only manufacturer that has the autonomy would be apple. It doesn't do carrier specific software, and can push updates as it pleases(without the need for carrier approval) . The Verizon, T-Mobile, and att versions of the 5s and 5c are the same exact model number.

Gotcha. I guess we'll see but I can't imagine they didn't plan for this

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay