Trouble with Service, T-Mobile says it is phone

ashakouri1

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Google Nexus 5 unlocked and I am having trouble with my phone/service at my house and at my work. I run the speed tests on LTE and I get anywhere from 54 KB/sec to 300 KB/sec. The issue is that my gmail doesn't refresh it keeps says "retry no connection," my instagram doesn't load all the pictures and I constantly have to refresh, my gmail send folder doesn't send the emails.

I have to constantly restart my phone to have my prior emails sync and send out. I tweeted and emailed t-mobile and they say they are having "Excellent Coverage" at zip code 90067 (work) and 90069 (home). They told me that it could be my t-mobile nexus 5.

Is there anyway to confirm if it is the service or the phone? I don't want to get a replacement Nexus 5, just to find out it is the service.

It is getting frustrating that images don't sync, email does sync, I can't download my MMS, etc. I took out my sim card and I reset the network defaults, I even switch between LTE and 3G(HSPA+) and nothing works and no one can give me a straight answer.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
You could do the one week iPhone test drive. Just return the phone, and don't damage it, and you won't be on the hook for anything and the pending charge on your card will go away.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
There could be something wrong with your radio, but the first thing I'd do is check your APN settings. I've heard plenty of connectivity horror stories from people with messed up APNs.

wolfman7828

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing cache, if that doesn't work try hard reset. If still having same problem then probably the phone. Does it do the same thing while connected to wifi?

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Make sure they match the correct 4G settings for T-Mobile. I don't have a link handy for you, but Google "T-Mobile APN settings" and you'll find them immediately.

ygu4emed.jpg

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 5S

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm doing the 7 day challenge from tmobile. According to tmobile's coverage map I should have a very strong signal with 4g and excellent voice. But I'm lucky to have edge and half the time have no service. I call BS.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm doing the 7 day challenge from tmobile. According to tmobile's coverage map I should have a very strong signal with 4g and excellent voice. But I'm lucky to have edge and half the time have no service. I call BS.

Isn't the whole point of the free test drive so you can find out things like that?

This. Be happy flyer that it's free. I tried Verizon out for a few days... Didn't like it so went back to T-Mobile... I had to pay Verizon 140 $ :mad:.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Sorry it didn't work out. Didn't work out good for me either. But I have to applaud t-mobile for letting us try it completely free

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463