Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is this a legitimate test? HTC One M8 vs. LG G3

Was in a Tmobile store and the HTC One M8 was next to the LG G3. I decided to do a speedtest on each one and in the store,the LG3 was getting 14, 15 mbps tops. The HTC was pulling 36 mbps. Legitimate?

I never got over 2.5 mbps on my Iphone 4 using the Sprint service I had. When I got the HTC One, my daughter and my parents all said the calls were coming through so much better on my phone, at the house, and even when i was in the car using Tmobile service on bluetooth.

Happy I switched to Tmobile, but am concerned with battery life on the HTC

Global Posts
    20,953 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Is this a legitimate test? HTC One M8 vs. LG G3

You got the M8, right? How long ago?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

On Saturday, around 10:45 a.m
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    20,953 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by memphislawyer View Post
    On Saturday, around 10:45 a.m
    It took a solid week for my battery to settle in. On Saturday, if you are still seeing battery issues, then I would be concerned.

Signed, a Nexus 5, AC forums app, and Android L.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi

My guess would be something else was going on re: the speed tests. The G3 should be able to get the same speeds as the M8.

The HTC One M8 has the best battery life of any Android flagship right now according to various battery tests. As above, let it settle and if you're still having trouble take a look at what's draining your battery.

Sometimes it could depend on the server chosen in the speed test app. Make sure to pick the same server. Also are they both using lte?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

That, dpham00, i did not check so good point. Im happy with the HTC, and I can understand that it might not be as easy on the battery since on the iphone 4 I had everything shut down and it could not search to find wifi, if available, or stuff like that. So also with the 3g network it might not have used all that much. I do see that the screen takes up a high % of use, and I do not think I will get even 9 hours of pure talk time. Today, after a charge, I used 15% in 6.5 hours, with 25:29 on the phone for 16.3% and screen for 1:05:22 for 41.5%. App usage is 31.2%. I have cut on the auto screen brightness and only synced Google calendar. But I love the phone. Downloaded pandora, which I did not have on the iphone

15% with over an hour of screen on time would give you close to seven hours of screen usage on a full charge. And you're also looking at 5.5 hours of idle time during your test. The iPhone 4 was rated by Anandtech at 6.5 hours of web browsing, and that's with no idle time and no background syncing.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by raptir View Post
    15% with over an hour of screen on time would give you close to seven hours of screen usage on a full charge. And you're also looking at 5.5 hours of idle time during your test. The iPhone 4 was rated by Anandtech at 6.5 hours of web browsing, and that's with no idle time and no background syncing.
    I guess then that I have a good to great battery?

Global Posts
    20,953 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Sounds like its pretty good so far. And the battery isn't settled in yet.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Phone Timeline

Global Posts
    20,953 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Here is my current usage for the day.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is this a legitimate test?  HTC One M8 vs. LG G3-1405975017047.jpg  

Phone Timeline

That's about what you should be seeing with the HTC One, and it's currently the best phone on the market for battery life (above the iPhone, even) based on Anandtech's review.

I get 5-6 hours of screen time on Wi-Fi and a solid 4.5 Hours on 4g. With my Note 2, I'm really not sure if I'm going to get the Note 4 or the HTC M9 that is coming out.

I would go for the LG G3 but I don't get why the screen resolution is so high. That really hurts the on screen time.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by raptir View Post
    My guess would be something else was going on re: the speed tests. The G3 should be able to get the same speeds as the M8.

The HTC One M8 has the best battery life of any Android flagship right now according to various battery tests. As above, let it settle and if you're still having trouble take a look at what's draining your battery.
    Doubt seriously it can beat the lgg2

Quote Originally Posted by busa2006 View Post
    Doubt seriously it can beat the lgg2
    It's on par with the G2. It wins on about half the tests and loses on about half the tests.

I am finding the g3 battery life excellent. This was taken with 50% remaining.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is this a legitimate test?  HTC One M8 vs. LG G3-999.jpg