When throttled, how slow is it
I signed up for tmobile three days or so ago. I was on Sprint, with a 3g phone, and Iphone 4. Sometimes it took a few seconds for pages to load. Not with tmobile, i can tell the difference on my HTC One 8. So, I got the 1 gig plan since I only once went over 1 gig, and I figure if I went over, it would only be a few days or so, maybe a week max, and then I would only be slowed down. How slow will it go? Will it still be faster than my 3g Iphone 4 was on Sprint?
- 07-22-2014, 09:32 AM #2
- 07-22-2014, 11:15 AM #3
- 07-22-2014, 11:33 AM #4
- 07-22-2014, 11:44 AM #5
- 07-22-2014, 11:55 AM #6
- 07-22-2014, 12:03 PM #7
Re: When throttled, how slow is it
Do certain plans have differences in data speed reduction?
Yes. If you have a plan that was available between November 13, 2010 and March 24, 2013, data speed is reduced to (at most) 50 kbps (comparable to dial-up) when data usage exceeds the Data Speed Reduction Threshold for data features. Mobile Internet and data-only plan customers that reach this threshold have their speed reduced to 100 kbps.
If you have a plan that was available after March 24, 2013, data speed is reduced to (at most) 128 kbps when data usage exceeds the Data Speed Reduction Threshold for data features, Mobile Internet, and data-only plans.
- 07-22-2014, 12:10 PM #8
- By Maggieooo in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-09-2015, 07:40 PM
- By DrMaat in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-03-2015, 11:28 PM
- By streetkilln in forum LG G3Replies: 6Last Post: 07-22-2014, 03:56 PM
- By King Mustard in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 07-22-2014, 07:39 AM
- By gyrex in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 07-22-2014, 04:22 AM