Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Data drops off randomly

I had a Nexus 5 for about 4 months and noticed my data would drop off regularly in my city. I recently purchased a galaxy s5 (1 month ago) and I still am seeing my data to randomly stop working. Pandora, social media, apps, and browsing on my phone will all of a sudden stop. Has anyone else had this issue? I've called t mobile about this several times and they have no clue and told me I'm the only one who has this problem which I find hard to believe... help me guys!

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Data drops off randomly

Very weird.. If they aren't sure I'm not really either as I would think it's a tower issue.

Is it only happening when you go into big buildings or something?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my LG G4 using AC Forums.

Community Rules & Guidelines
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It happens pretty much everywhere in the city. Doesn't really matter if I am inside or outside. It's strange

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

I've encountered this intermittently for the past few months. I first noticed it in March while I was in Vegas. I've encountered it numerous times while home in NY as well. I will have to toggle airplane mode off and on to get my data working again. Seems to be a somewhat widespread issue when looking at the comments on this article.

T-Mobile LTE network stalling, or dropping out? You're not alone | TmoNewsTmoNews

for me the fix was changing the APN Protocol setting From IPv6 to IPv4.
    This may require you to create a new APN all together. IF so name it something different then copy its contents.
    your results may vary but i no longer have that lack of data problem.

I have the same problem on my LG G3. If I am running a data intensive app, it will just stop responding. Happens sporadically through the day. I went to the T-mobile store and the tech told me it was because I was running an app that was not compatible with my phone. I did not believe that as the network freezing happens with a lot of apps. So I just toggle airplane mode at the network starts responding again. I have not tried to change the APN protocol. Might try that next.
    Black Sapphire Samsung Note 5 64GB
    Alcatel Idol 3 (5.5)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yeah I call Tmobile and they have been working on the towers in my area. It's been 2 weeks and counting.

Well, if they are telling the truth, that could be a good thing after you wait it out. I could be normal maintenance and repairs, or it COULD be tower upgrades.

I've also had this happen several times a day for the last few weeks and managed to stop it (cross fingers) by manually placing the phone in GSM then wcdma/GSM and back to LTE. For what ever the reason I've not seen the data drop off since.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Upgrades would be excellent. They did tell me months ago they had more upgrades to do by me. ☺😊