Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: T-mobile 4 lines with 2.5gb each for $100 until 2016

Quote Originally Posted by boogas8 View Post
    No, this would replace the 1gb tier if you have at least 4 lines.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk
    Hey worth a shot. Not sure if this is worth switching to for me. I have 4 lines but two of them use literally nothing, except one used a lot cuz they were streaming the world cup... lol. I would save $20 / month not paying for the extra data on the other two lines right? I'd also lose 500 MB for those other two lines.

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Hey worth a shot. Not sure if this is worth switching to for me. I have 4 lines but two of them use literally nothing, except one used a lot cuz they were streaming the world cup... lol. I would save $20 / month not paying for the extra data on the other two lines right? I'd also lose 500 MB for those other two lines.
    Umm.... what your are describing, sounds like you have 2 lines with 1gb and the other 2 with 3gb equaling $120. If my assumption is right than yes you would be saving $20 and losing 500mb on 2 lines.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by boogas8 View Post
    Umm.... what your are describing, sounds like you have 2 lines with 1gb and the other 2 with 3gb equaling $120. If my assumption is right than yes you would be saving $20 and losing 500mb on 2 lines.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 using Tapatalk
    Sorry I should have clarified. Yes, that's correct. Thanks for your help!

Can this promotion be combined with those that have a corporate discount?

Bro, how cheap are you? 4 lines for $100 is a steal, especially coupled with all the other tmobile goodies.
    Thanked by:

Can this promotion be combined with those that have a corporate discount?
    Not sure. But you can definitely try. The only thing that they can say is no.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigballer View Post
    Bro, how cheap are you? 4 lines for $100 is a steal, especially coupled with all the other tmobile goodies.
    Not a matter of being cheap, but if the corporate discount doesn't apply then there probably wouldn't be any savings. Wouldn't be worth losing the discount then paying a whole lot more once the promo expires vs. keeping the discount for the foreseeable future. We're not all "big ballers" like you :-P

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by peacefulberry View Post
    Not sure. But you can definitely try. The only thing that they can say is no.
    Well for anyone else that's curious, yes you keep the corporate discount when switching to this plan.

peacefulberry likes this.

Not a matter of being cheap, but if the corporate discount doesn't apply then there probably wouldn't be any savings. Wouldn't be worth losing the discount then paying a whole lot more once the promo expires vs. keeping the discount for the foreseeable future. We're not all "big ballers" like you :-P

Even if your discount was 15% off, you would come out ahead seeing as a bump from 1 gb to 2.5 gb would be $10 a line. For 4 lines, that's $40. Now does your measly 15% account for a potential $40 dollar savings???

Bigballer? Dude 10 years ago, I had a phone from some company called primeco. It offered unlimited minutes, no texting or anything like that and only worked in 3 states in the midwest. Cost-$99 dollars. Next, Sprint offered a $99 dollar unlimited plan with unlimited talk, text, web. What tmobile is offering is a steal-4 lines-"unlimited" data and everything else

Well for anyone else that's curious, yes you keep the corporate discount when switching to this plan.

That's awesome! I hope ppl jump on board. Great deal!

Even if your discount was 15% off, you would come out ahead seeing as a bump from 1 gb to 2.5 gb would be $10 a line. For 4 lines, that's $40. Now does your measly 15% account for a potential $40 dollar savings???

Bigballer? Dude 10 years ago, I had a phone from some company called primeco. It offered unlimited minutes, no texting or anything like that and only worked in 3 states in the midwest. Cost-$99 dollars. Next, Sprint offered a $99 dollar unlimited plan with unlimited talk, text, web. What tmobile is offering is a steal-4 lines-"unlimited" data and everything else
    Yea I remember the days with those plans. Anyway all our situations are different. In my case only two lines really need more than the standard 1GB that the plans come with. They struggle to even use that most months. So you're right that the 15% doesn't account for $40 on savings, but for $20 it's a much closer call. Hence why I was asking the questions in the first place.

And I called you a "big baller" cuz of your name, Bigballer :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Profelec View Post
    It's 2.5 GB lte but still unlimited. It's just throttled. Look at the picture above.

Posted via Galaxy S5
    T-mobile 2G is bad.... Effective speed is 2.5gb....
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4- Verizon
    Motorola Droid Turbo - Verizon
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4- t-mobile
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 32GB Wifi
    Apple iPad Air 2 128GB
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3- T-mobile
    Nexus 5 32GB
    Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket AT&T
    iPhone 4 AT&T
    iPhone 3GS AT&T

I think the bigger issue would be if you were currently grandfathered into a discount that is no longer offered. Yeah, it would be great for the next year, but if you could have kept even a 10% discount for the next four years you'd end up better off. Irrelevant though, since you can keep a discount.
    Jaggrey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    T-mobile 2G is bad.... Effective speed is 2.5gb....
    Music Freedom helps out that 2.5 GB a lot if you actually listen to music on your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by raptir View Post
    I think the bigger issue would be if you were currently grandfathered into a discount that is no longer offered. Yeah, it would be great for the next year, but if you could have kept even a 10% discount for the next four years you'd end up better off. Irrelevant though, since you can keep a discount.
    Highest discount I've heard of is 75% for really old T-mobile employees.
    peacefulberry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherCookie View Post
    Senior Citizen Corporate discount?

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

75% is the current employee discount.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

Music Freedom helps out that 2.5 GB a lot if you actually listen to music on your phone.
    Already used 1.1 gb without music streaming and my billing cycle started a few days ago
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4- Verizon
    Motorola Droid Turbo - Verizon
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4- t-mobile
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 32GB Wifi
    Apple iPad Air 2 128GB
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3- T-mobile
    Nexus 5 32GB
    Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket AT&T
    iPhone 4 AT&T
    iPhone 3GS AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    Already used 1.1 gb without music streaming and my billing cycle started a few days ago
    Yep. Just depends what you do. I've used 60 GB alone in just game streams this month :sly:.

For people who use data mainly on music.. That music freedom helps a lot.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

better take advantage of the deal soon, it expires September 30th

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

http://www.androidcentral.com/t-mobi...e-some-pennies

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3[/QUOTE]
    That's good. If you are able to upgrade the 1GB to unlimited at 30 dollars more each line?
    Then your paying about 220 for 4 lines unlimited? That's a steal
    Sent from my Coconut Wireless Sony Xperia Z1S

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiD View Post
    T-Mobile launches new plan to help families save some pennies | Android Central

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    That's good. If you are able to upgrade the 1GB to unlimited at 30 dollars more each line?
    Then your paying about 220 for 4 lines unlimited? That's a steal
    $220 for four lines unlimited has been their pricing for a while and isn't affected by this deal. It was actually $180 before, but they increased the price of the unlimited package.

Since this deal is back again, I just wanted to confirm that no one has had any issues with keeping their grandfathered corporate discount when switching to this plan? I see Jaggrey posted this, but I just wanted to double check.

Yup I've still been getting the corporate discount. No issues.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12