Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default TMO ETF Payments

    For anyone that used TMO to pay off their ETF payments, how long does it typically take for Tmo to provide the gift/check card? I'm about to port 2 lines (1 at a time). Will I be able to pay in time before Sprint sends me to collections? How is the process?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: TMO ETF Payments

    4 weeks for me.

    I wouldn't jeopardize your credit score if you don't have other funds in case something goes wrong with the gift cards.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: TMO ETF Payments

    Definitely not. Just trying to plan it out. I can throw it on another CC, and use the gift card to pay it off I assume.
    So the process is, send them the final bill with the ETF charge, and existing phone? I was told from the Tmo rep that it could be any phone. I have a mint Note 3. It's worth more than what their trade-in value is. I'd rather send them a cheap phone I have laying around, and sell the Note 3 on my own.
  4. #4  
    boogas8's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah View Post
    Definitely not. Just trying to plan it out. I can throw it on another CC, and use the gift card to pay it off I assume.
    So the process is, send them the final bill with the ETF charge, and existing phone? I was told from the Tmo rep that it could be any phone. I have a mint Note 3. It's worth more than what their trade-in value is. I'd rather send them a cheap phone I have laying around, and sell the Note 3 on my own.
    I would sell the note 3. You have to trade in A DEVICE, it doesn't even have to work. My parents had 3 iPhone 5s from Verizon. I trade in old broken razors and bought 2 768's. My parents use the iPhone. The etf was approved within 14 days(took 5 weeks to get), so I returned the 768s and paid $25 restock fee on both.

    Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk
  5. #5  
    Indyrobb's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

    Default Re: TMO ETF Payments

    Thinking of switching from sprint to tmo this next week. Both my partner and I have the HTC one m7. They only offer 85 dollars towards trade in. We have an old evo 3d, so I can use that to trade in? Does it need to be the active phone on the account to trade it in towards paying off the etf?

    I'm doing their one week trial now with the iPhone 5s, and I've been very happy with the service. I'm only seeing speeds of around 10 both directions, but even that is SOOOO much better than I've had with sprint. I've been with them for 14 years and I just can't keep waiting for them. We've had lte here for over a year, and I'm lucky to get 2 megs most of the time. Sometimes I hit that 20 mark, but it's very rare.

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  
    boogas8's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

    Default Re: TMO ETF Payments

    Quote Originally Posted by Indyrobb View Post
    Thinking of switching from sprint to tmo this next week. Both my partner and I have the HTC one m7. They only offer 85 dollars towards trade in. We have an old evo 3d, so I can use that to trade in? Does it need to be the active phone on the account to trade it in towards paying off the etf?

    I'm doing their one week trial now with the iPhone 5s, and I've been very happy with the service. I'm only seeing speeds of around 10 both directions, but even that is SOOOO much better than I've had with sprint. I've been with them for 14 years and I just can't keep waiting for them. We've had lte here for over a year, and I'm lucky to get 2 megs most of the time. Sometimes I hit that 20 mark, but it's very rare.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Like I mentioned in an one of my earlier post. As long as you trade in A DEVICE, regardless of its conditon it counts. No, it does not need to be active. I traded in to old razors rather than the iPhones that my parents were using, when I brought them over.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 using Tapatalk
  7. #7  
    Bob61's Avatar

    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts

    Default Re: TMO ETF Payments

    I actually did not have to trade in anything. Somehow a trade device showed on my setup receipt. In checking my etf refund it showed I traded in a Optimus L9, which I never had. Maybe just store I went to but they didn't seem to care if you had a trade.

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
  8. #8  

    Default Re: TMO ETF Payments

    Quote Originally Posted by boogas8 View Post
    Like I mentioned in an one of my earlier post. As long as you trade in A DEVICE, regardless of its conditon it counts. No, it does not need to be active. I traded in to old razors rather than the iPhones that my parents were using, when I brought them over.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 using Tapatalk
    I am going to be switching from Verizon soon.

    Do you know if the tradeins need to be VZW phones?
    I have quite a few old Sprint phones I could "Trade In".
  9. #9  
    boogas8's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

    Default Re: TMO ETF Payments

    Quote Originally Posted by AZwldcats View Post
    I am going to be switching from Verizon soon.

    Do you know if the tradeins need to be VZW phones?
    I have quite a few old Sprint phones I could "Trade In".
    It does not matter if the phone isn't from the carrier you are coming from. As long as you trade in A DEVICE. When they verify your ETF, they verify the amount by looking at the bill you submit. They look to see that you traded in A DEVICE and bought a phone from t mobile. Also, they make sure you ported your number over.

    Sent from my LG G3 via The Uncarrier
    Thanked by:
  10. #10  
    Bob61's Avatar

    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts

    Default Re: TMO ETF Payments

    Took about 4 weeks after submission to get payment.

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. ETF Fee
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2014, 09:47 AM
  2. Mobile payment
    By raju130000 in forum LG G3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-04-2014, 09:44 AM
  3. TMO Note 3 update to NF4
    By jpr in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-02-2014, 10:30 PM
  4. 4.4.4 fixes vzw motox I tmo
    By capnfatpants in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2014, 12:59 PM
  5. Rooting tmo s4 4.4.2
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2014, 01:47 AM

Posting Permissions