extra premium for zero bloatware?

knotjeff

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Question. Would you be willing to pay a premium price on a new phone to remove the bloatware? Maybe an extra $50 or $100? Tmobile isn't super bloat filled, but it would be nice to only download what you ACTUALLY use. Seems like a no brainer for android heads...but would it be worth it?

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Nope especially since it would more than likely be worth more to them to not do it that way.

Those that are really annoyed can get rid of it, most consumers do not care.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
How about I pay less to get no bloatware....

Oh wait, they already have that ;)

I've never been worried by this. I just simply root and get rid of stuff if it really bothers me but honestly... T-Mobile isn't that bad when it comes to bloat.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Or, if you don't want to root, just disable the bloatware that you don't want. It won't free up any internal storage, but at least those apps won't be taking up any RAM by opening up automatically.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I've never been worried by this. I just simply root and get rid of stuff if it really bothers me but honestly... T-Mobile isn't that bad when it comes to bloat.

"Not that bad?" They're frigging angels compared to the rest of the U.S. wireless industry. And they let you uninstall or disable all of it. My AT&T phones always had apps that they wouldn't even let you disable (AT&T Address Book comes to mine). Heck, they "bloated" in their WiFi SSID and made it so you can't remove it. Both of these things kind of suck when you're on an MVNO and don't get access to either one.

Bigballer

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

or just get a nexus. Thankfully, we have plenty of options on android.