Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Will my HTC One M7 work on T-Mobile?

Greetings, I am thinking of moving from Sprint to T-Mobile. I thought I would be able to use my HTC One M7 on T-Mobile by just unlocking it and getting a new micro simm card from t-mobile. I've seen others using their M7's on T-Mobile in various forums.

However, I've talked to 2 csr on the phone and they have told me it wont work on t mobiles network. One said they don't have the proper simm card and the other wasn't sure why. I'm under the impression they just want me to get a new phone.

Soo, will I be able to use my phone if I go to T Mobile? Thanks.

Default Re: Will my HTC One M7 work on T-Mobile?

It should if unlocked. You don't get LTE though.. Just HSPA.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

You'll get HSPA in the "modernized" areas, but the phone only supports 14.4Mbps so you can't take advantage of the 42Mbps network.

HTC One (Sprint) Review & Rating | PCMag.com

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

From my understanding it is, I just need to request an unlock code from Sprint when I decide to go to T Mobile. From what I know, Sprint will give you an unlock code if you have had the phone for more than 90 days which i am well beyond, and out of contract from them. As some have pointed out my phone may not be able to take advantage of the fastest network speeds on T mobile but my Sprint service was so lousy it may still be better.

When I switch do I need to change my network type from "CDMA +LTE/EvDo auto to "GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto" on the phone?

How is it possible? I thought sprint phones can only be unlocked for international use

There's no unlocking for "international use" only. That's BS that Sprint feeds you. Plus, it doesn't happen the way they say it would either--people get to their destinations overseas and find out their "unlocked" phones don't take foreign SIMs. A phone having UMTS/LTE bands doesn't necessarily mean it's unlockable. We found this out in the CB forums, where people tried to unlock their Sprint BlackBerry Q10, but it just doesn't happen: http://forums.crackberry.com/sprint-...nt-q10-911733/

That's why I asked if this M7 can be unlocked. Because that link I posted in post#4 says it's unlikely, for at least some Sprint phones.

Sprint gave me an unlock code. But where do I put that code in?

Where do i input the unlock code? I have a Sprint m7. And i have an unlock code.

If you put a SIM from another carrier it will ask for the code.

Posted via Android Central App

II thought so but itried putting my friend's T-Mobile SIM in and it did nothing.