Full LTE at Yankees stadium but slow service

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Where you sitting? All over or season tickets?

Maybe the stadium is partially blocking the tower. We all know about T-MoUS using a frequency that has penetration problems.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Up top usually

The point is, if you are sitting in the same, or roughly the same, area... Part of the structure may be absorbing signal. T-Mo's frequencies do not penetrate well when structures are made of brick, CEMENT, etc. Steel reinforcements further hinder the signal.

I understand that Yankee Stadium is open air, but you still may benefit from a change in location within the stadium. For instance, if you usually sit on the Jerome Avenue side, try the 161st St side. IDK where the towers are and you are vague about where you sit. "Up top usually," does not offer me anything to confirm or deny my theory. You can actually search tower locations and check if the stadium would block signal at your normal seats.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The point is, if you are sitting in the same, or roughly the same, area... Part of the structure may be absorbing signal. T-Mo's frequencies do not penetrate well when structures are made of brick, CEMENT, etc. Steel reinforcements further hinder the signal.

I understand that Yankee Stadium is open air, but you still may benefit from a change in location within the stadium. For instance, if you usually sit on the Jerome Avenue side, try the 161st St side. IDK where the towers are and you are vague about where you sit. "Up top usually," does not offer me anything to confirm or deny my theory. You can actually search tower locations and check if the stadium would block signal at your normal seats.
I sit wherever I can get tickets for cheap.... Go to around 10 - 20 games a season

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Several people here have tried to help you with no success... I assume you tried T-MoUS before posting on this forum. Seems your relief options via community discussion have pretty much been exhausted. No one here was able to solve your predicament after T-Mobile was unable to.

I assume you tried with T-Mo? Right? They are your service provider, not Android Central...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Why should I accept it? I am paying money for this service right? Signal strength isn't the problem.

Yes but you are on a carrier that is known to not always be top notch.. It isn't one of the big dogs.. So issues can happen.

It's the same as any service.. You can pay for them but they can differ drastically depending on the company :).

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Several people here have tried to help you with no success... I assume you tried T-MoUS before posting on this forum. Seems your relief options via community discussion have pretty much been exhausted. No one here was able to solve your predicament after T-Mobile was unable to.

I assume you tried with T-Mo? Right? They are your service provider, not Android Central...
I can't even contact them to ask for a LTE cel fi signal Booster since I have the 4G one... Chat has been busy 24 /7 and not dealing with phone reps.... Reason why I left t-mobile the first time lol. Took then about 6 hours to finally get them to replace a broken phone that I got from using insurance and it was DOA. Chat reps have been fine and Facebook but that's taking forever

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Ah okay. Yeah in stadiums it isn't uncommon for most carriers mobile data to go to very bad speeds .. the towers just weren't meant to handle that kind of traffic.. that's why stadiums are getting wifi up and running. I know when we have a football game and I go to the stadium friends and I are not able to really use mobile data much and I have friends on all carriers (most are on AT&T or Verizon .. few Sprint .. few T-Mobile).
Man stadiums needed WiFi like yesterday lol. The underground L station here in Chicago needs it too.

Sent from my T-Mobile Nexus 4 LTE using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
They have bigger problems than just solely capacity problems. I was one of the first people who had a Sprint LTE device (Galaxy nexus) and the network speeds were still dysmal. In fact, even worse than Wimax.
Haha my Gnex speeds killed wimax.

Sent from my T-Mobile Nexus 4 LTE using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781