T-Mobile vs Verizon

RandelG

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I was with Verizon for 17 years. Left over upgrade issues. Been with TMO since March. Great coverage in South Florida. Great customer service. On the jump program. Have 3 iPhone 5s and a G2 with unlimited everything. Paying the same as Verizon but which offered less. Not looking back.

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
I went from Verizon to Tmobile and have mixed feeling about the switch. The price is MUCH better, saving almost 100 dollars a month for our 3 phones. The coverage is not even close as far as traveling goes. We are in Dallas, but have taken our phones on a few long road trips both south, north and west and it seems to be the same story anytime your on a highway between cities...its a bit of a exaggeration maybe... but it feels like anytime I am not within a few miles of a major metropolitan area I have either voice only or nothing. The non city coverage is basically non existent. This was with our nexus 4's which were not LTE compatible, I just got a G3 so I am hoping possibly that adding the LTE in will help with coverage, but I guess we will see.

With verizon, I can't remember a time I didn't have a signal, even in rural Illinois while visiting family.

Customer service has been good with both companies, but I really prefer the changes Tmobile is making with its uncarrier stuff, which is the main reason I like giving them my support and money.

But like I said, if you travel a lot as you said, then coverage should be a concern.
U should have been activated LTE on your Nexus 4s. Whole new phone imo.

Sent from my T-Mobile Nexus 4 LTE using Tapatalk

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I've had both T-Mobile and Verizon and while I love what T-Mobile is doing and also affirming that their network is getting better but they still are not there yet. Rural areas are absolutely horrible. Unless you do not travel and stay in the city I for one would not recommend T-Mobile just yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
This is why i do not like iphones. I like what t mobile is doing now. Coverege is important to me. Someone i work with has t mobile and loves it.

Posted via the Android Central App

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
I started with T-Mobile back in 2008. Their coverage in my area was AWFUL, but I really wanted a Sidekick.

Eventually switched to Verizon in 2010. Verizon had excellent coverage and every phone that came out, I wanted. I was super happy... except for the bill. My bill on Verizon was almost as much as a car payment. It was ridiculous.

Finally got frustrated to leave. In Nov 2013 I went back to T-Mobile. Where I live, their coverage is paralleled to Verizons. I have never had a single issue with my service, but I've only traveled on the east coast. The bill is 1/3 what I was paying on Verizon and I have Unlimited everything and can upgrade every 6 months. There's absolutely nothing bad I can say about my T-Mobile service.

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
Speed test data inside the house. More than enough for my needs. Usually a little faster when I'm outside/ not in a building.

Attachments

• 1423438995216.jpg
    1423438995216.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 29

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
This makes me happy keep up the good work t mobile. Do you live in the country

I'm going to assume you're talking to me? Try to quote the text you're questioning in your posts, makes it easier for other posters to be notified/follow the conversation.

No, I live in the suburb of a major city. However, I have been to a few rural places in Maryland, Pennsylvania and Virginia and haven't had any problems.

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks how do u do that. I am new here. Do you retype what the person said?
Sorry if that is a stupid question

Tap the post you are replying to, then tap "Reply with Quote".

Posted via the Android Central App on my bodaciously awesome Note 4!

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Ok thanks I will give that a try. I see you have a galaxy note 4, great device

Thank you, I think so, too. I've had mine since release day and haven't had any significant problems at all. This is my first Android phone, and I'm loving it. I've used iPhone and Windows phone previously, and I was afraid that there would be a big learning curve for me, but there hasn't.

Any questions or concerns I've had have been answered by the awesome people here at Android Central. I'm proud to be a member, and love being able to help when I can.

Posted via the Android Central App on my bodaciously awesome Note 4!

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I hope you enjoy your android phone. I like ny android better than my old iphone and I am really really happy that I made bad decision. I am using a samsung galaxy s 3. Thought about getting a note but it's too big for me. Alot of my friends have the notes and they are very nice.. I love my samsung galaxy s3 because I like to have it in a smaller size.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance