How to add new number/line to T-Mobile family plan?

Coolboy32

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
First, I'm new to pre orders and family plans with T-mobile, and will appreciate any help I can get here.

Here's what's going on. Late September we opened a 4 line family plan, 3 phones were pre ordered, 1 phone bought new at the tmobile store. We were given all 4 SIM cards, but only 1 is activated on the in-store bought phone, when I log into mytmobile site, it shows that we only have 1 phone# / line, which should be normal I think since we only got 1 phone activated with them for now and waiting for the pre ordered phones to arrive.

Now, one of the new phones (Samsung Note 4) will arrive by mail this Thursday, my question is how do I activate the new sim and phone? I heard phones ship with SIM card in the package? If so, which sim do I use? The one in package with new phone or the one I got in store? I know I can't activate it online, I tested it out and right now it only allows me to update and replace the one current sim to a new one, but that's not what I want, I want to ADD new sim/line to the account since this is a family plan. Do I have to take my new phone and sim to a tmobile store to activate or spend a long *** time on the phone with customer service just to activate a sim to our account? What are the steps after I receive the pre ordered phone? BTW the phones are bought on the installment plan.

Sorry if this seems like a simple matter, but again I'm new to all this.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
If they did their jobs right, you should be able to put the SIM you got earlier into the phone and it will work. If not, you may well have to deal with customer service. Hopefully it works, because I wouldn't wish T-Mobile customer service on anyone.

Coolboy32

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
If they did their jobs right, you should be able to put the SIM you got earlier into the phone and it will work. If not, you may well have to deal with customer service. Hopefully it works, because I wouldn't wish T-Mobile customer service on anyone.

I had hope so too, but if that was the case shouldn't I be able to see the other phone numbers when I log into mytmobile?

Ordwynac

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
It really depends on when you activated these lines. Mytmobile can, sometimes, take up to 24 hours to validate those lines onto your account, but if you can see the one line that is active, you should be able to see the other three, just that they would be "suspended" until the hardware arrived.

When you get your new Note 4, simply take the SIM card that the sales associate gave you and insert it into the phone. This should provision the SIM and the Note will have the phone number associated with that SIM. Now, if you wanted to port your number from another carrier onto your T-Mobile number, you would have to either call Customer Care (611 from your handset) or go into the store.

If you want to add a new SIM/line to the account you would have to go into the store (or you can also do it online) but then your monthly recurring charge will increase and a 5th line will be activated on your account. I don't know if this is what you wanted to do, but hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo