Will Tmobile care if I switch devices?

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Ordered the Nexus 6 on a 0% down 24 month payment plan. I am planning to give TMO a whirl and, I may keep them, or, worse case, cancel and pay off the phone.

I currently have a Verizon Moto X Developer Edition. As long as I make my monthly payments and am in good standing, will TMO care if I want to test my Nexus 6 with Verizon before the device is paid off? Will they care if I decide to use my TMO sim in my Verizon unlocked Moto X developer edition?

zhris

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I doubt it. My wife JUMP'd her Lumia to a G3 and decided she didn't like Android, so we switched phones by swapping SIMs. Now the G3 shows up under my name on the T-MO billing site, and no one has said a word.

ramonq619

May 28, 2014
Visit site
They don't care. If you're still paying for the phone it doesn't matter. I got the g3 but then got the one plus one my girl is using the g3 now

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They don't care. As long as the phone is being paid for. I've swapped while paying for the old phone still... All good :).

cellomj

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
You might want to check with tmo. My wife and I switched for a while and my I got a notice, that my phone (from JUMP) was no longer insured. So, the insurance that comes with JUMP stays with the phone line, not the device. They said I was still in the program and was still accruing time on the program though.

Something to consider.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You might want to check with tmo. My wife and I switched for a while and my I got a notice, that my phone (from JUMP) was no longer insured. So, the insurance that comes with JUMP stays with the phone line, not the device. They said I was still in the program and was still accruing time on the program though.

Something to consider.
Thanks for the advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21