Upgrading with EIP without JUMP??

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
So I had my S5 since the day it hit stores. The S5 screen cracked -- I don't even know when it happened, I only noticed it because I was sitting in bed with the lights off and held it at an angle. Looking at it straight on you can't even tell. I'm not sure if it's going to get worse or not and since I don't have a protection plan (this is the first smartphone I've ever damaged) the original thought was that I'd just trade it in with JUMP! -- but I don't see any mention of it on my account and it looks like because I was grandfathered into an older(cheaper) plan, I wasn't eligible.

BUT on the upgrade page it says I'm eligible for an upgrade...and for a Nexus 6 I would pay $0 down and X monthly payments. Would I be now paying this on top of the S5 payment because I don't have the JUMP trade in program?

I'm sooooo confused :confused::confused:

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
So I had my S5 since the day it hit stores. The S5 screen cracked -- I don't even know when it happened, I only noticed it because I was sitting in bed with the lights off and held it at an angle. Looking at it straight on you can't even tell. I'm not sure if it's going to get worse or not and since I don't have a protection plan (this is the first smartphone I've ever damaged) the original thought was that I'd just trade it in with JUMP! -- but I don't see any mention of it on my account and it looks like because I was grandfathered into an older(cheaper) plan, I wasn't eligible.

BUT on the upgrade page it says I'm eligible for an upgrade...and for a Nexus 6 I would pay $0 down and X monthly payments. Would I be now paying this on top of the S5 payment because I don't have the JUMP trade in program?

I'm sooooo confused :confused::confused:
T-Mobile gives you a set amount of credit that they will allow you to use for financing. It's all based on credit, how many lines you have, and tenure. If you go through the upgrade process and it says $0, then yes you will have two payments, one for the new phone and one for the S5. I'd adding the next phone would exceed the financing limit then you would have to pay the difference (amount that exceeds limit).

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 via the Uncarrier

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile gives you a set amount of credit that they will allow you to use for financing. It's all based on credit, how many lines you have, and tenure. If you go through the upgrade process and it says $0, then yes you will have two payments, one for the new phone and one for the S5. I'd adding the next phone would exceed the financing limit then you would have to pay the difference (amount that exceeds limit).

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 via the Uncarrier

This.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech