Installed Update, Got A Frozen Screen

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
installed the latest software upgrade to my LG G3 this morning and ended up with a screen that doesn't wake or swipe. I've restarted the phone several times and get a minute or two of normal function, then the screen becomes unresponsive again. How can I remove the update assuming I can get the screen to work again?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying that the phone boots to the lockscreen or homescreen, but then it freezes? When the screen is unresponsive, try calling the phone--does it ring?

Did anything happen during the update? Did it turn off unexpectedly, or run out of battery?

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Fully charged and the update proceeded like any other. At first, the screen was black and unresponsive, so I did a battery pull. It then booted to the lock screen which was also unresponsive. All I could do was restart the phone. After a couple more restarts, it seems to be OK now. No further problems during the day, but it had me concerned. I didn't try calling it when it was frozen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How far did the update go before the black unresponsive screen? Did the progress bar go to 100% in the update screen? Did it then shut off, then reboot, showing the welcome screen, and then go black? Or did it just shut off and not do anything at all? What I'm trying to make sure is that you didn't pull the battery while the phone was still in the process of updating. If the screen was black and unresponsive for many minutes before the battery pull, then that was unlikely to be part of the update process.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power