T-Mobile's new prepaid plans are simpler, but take a step in the wrong direction

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Interesting choice. Reduce price by $10 but losing full-speed data, tethering, Music Freedom and the option of a completely unlimited plan. Still if you want t-mobile and don't need them then it would be a decent savings.

Particularly interesting is the pricing, per Andrew :

"It makes business sense, but it surely doesn't make "Un-carrier" sense — when your new prepaid plans are the same or worse than AT&T's, you know you've made a misstep. "

T-Mobile's new prepaid plans are simpler, but take a step in the wrong direction http://www.androidcentral.com/t-mobiles-new-prepaid-plans-are-simpler-take-step-wrong-direction

What do you think of this new prepaid plan?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Lilshaq65

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Is T-Mobile prepaid $80 plan internet just as fast as the monthly unlimited internet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lilshaq65

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is. The lower speeds are limited to the new prepaid plans.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 via the Uncarrier

Oh ok so if I get the prepaid $80 plan the Internet will be just as fast as the monthly Internet ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hmm theses new prepaid plans make me nervous......like T is pulling fast one.
A year ago I signed onto 70.00 unlimited plan all was great until you read fine print as I did today. Come to find older Simple choice plans state Unlimited 4G HSPA+.
Today I dumped Jump upgraded to Unlimited 4G LTE 80.00 plan.
Some will say I'm over over reacting but hey better to be safe then sorry.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hmm theses new prepaid plans make me nervous......like T is pulling fast one.
A year ago I signed onto 70.00 unlimited plan all was great until you read fine print as I did today. Come to find older Simple choice plans state Unlimited 4G HSPA+.
Today I dumped Jump upgraded to Unlimited 4G LTE 80.00 plan.
Some will say I'm over over reacting but hey better to be safe then sorry.

The old 70 said unlimited HSPA only you mean ? I had unlimited lte on that at the time.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
The old 70 stated unlimited HSPA+.
I'm sure you know HSPA+ = 3G+ aka T-mobile 4G not LTE
Yes same here , I was racking up 20GB LTE a month on 70.00 plan.
Will speed bumps be a part of that plan in future?
They could be due to how plan reads so I made move to very detailed 80 Unlimited LTE plan , It takes my worry away.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The old 70 stated unlimited HSPA+.
I'm sure you know HSPA+ = 3G+ aka T-mobile 4G not LTE
Yes same here , I was racking up 20GB LTE a month on 70.00 plan.
Will speed bumps be a part of that plan in future?
They could be due to how plan reads so I made move to very detailed 80 Unlimited LTE plan , It takes my worry away.

I wouldn't worry about it. I maxed 1 TB on the $70 plan to push limits back when I had it -- no slow down -- all LTE.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Right on.
While at T store today rep showed documentation 20.00 unlimited = High speed data 4G / 4G LTE.
Needless to say I contacted CS had them put me back on 70.00 setup all is well.

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Right on.
While at T store today rep showed documentation 20.00 unlimited = High speed data 4G / 4G LTE.
Needless to say I contacted CS had them put me back on 70.00 setup all is well.
I was under the impression that the 70$ plan wasn't unlimited LTE??

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
He is talking about the old $70 fully unlimited plan that you could only have if you had it before the price raised to $80.
I had that plan too and the month after they switched I got a text saying I reached my high speed limit. That's the only reason I switched to the 80 one lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 LTE using TapaTalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I had that plan too and the month after they switched I got a text saying I reached my high speed limit. That's the only reason I switched to the 80 one lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 LTE using TapaTalk 2

I would have disregarded the notice if I didn't see a speed issue. I switched to the $80 plan but then the GF and I got on a plan together .. and have now joined the 2 / $100 deal .. can't complain!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10