A Whopping 70% Of T-Mobile Customers Say They're Satisfied

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Are people pleased overall with the value they get from their mobile service providers? Not particularly. Only half of respondents say they're satisfied with their service's performance relative to its cost — in other words, its value — while 30% say they're dissatisfied. In 2013, the percentages for both satisfied and dissatisfied ratings were somewhat higher: 52% said they were satisfied and 25% dissatisfied.

T-Mobile customers are happy outliers: A whopping 70% say they are satisfied and only 12% dissatisfied with the value of their service.

Count my wife and I amongst the "very satisfied."

Full article: Which mobile data provider is best? (And will you make a switch?)

(Speaking of data speeds: Was searching on something when my wife and I were out at lunch, yesterday. Observed I had a full four bars of LTE. Did a speed test. Holy smokes! 38.48 mb/s down and 23.25 mb/s up!)

anon(5061193)

Banned
Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I am not with T-Mobile (Yet).. but it is great to hear some people are actually HAPPY... and not miserable like most people these days. I love the fact that T-Mobile doesn't have contracts and if they don't keep you happy than you can leave.... Good for them....

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Been with T-Mobile over 17 years. Wouldn't even consider going to another service provider. But ya never know...Google's new phone service may be tempting...

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I still find their customer service to be embarrassingly inconsistent, but I've always been happy with the product.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I still find their customer service to be embarrassingly inconsistent, but I've always been happy with the product.

Mine experiences have all been good so far -- but I ensure to go to the corporate stores around town versus a 3rd party ... Luckily no horror stories *knocks on wood*

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I am happy with the phone and phone service.

But the customer service from T-Mobile absolutely sucks.

I sent back a celfi booster back in november. . I have the tracking slip showing they signed for it and received it.

Now I get 10 to 15 calls a day from their Robo dialer telling me I am past due and they will shut my phone off if I don't pay for a piece of equipment that they have.

So far, they have turned my phone off 3 times and i have had to call in and get it reinstated.

They keep apologizing but can't seem to get it fixed.

I get home from traveling on Thursday, on friday i will talk to my legal advisor.

Posted via the Android Central App

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm quite happy and satisfied too. Though I have never had to talk to customer service either, so that might be why! Lol

Posted via Android Central App

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Been with T-Mobile over 17 years. Wouldn't even consider going to another service provider. But ya never know...Google's new phone service may be tempting...

You might want to really think who you were with because T-Mobile US hasn't been around for 17 years. VoiceStream became T-Mobile in 2002 After DT bought into it.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
You might want to really think who you were with because T-Mobile US hasn't been around for 17 years.
I started with them when they were called Aerial. They merged with Voicestream which eventually became T-Mobile. IOW I was with T-Mobile before T-Mobile was T-Mobile. When I contact customer service, they always say something like "I see you've been with us for over 17 years, one of our longest tenured users. We want to thank you for being such a loyal customer." So as far as T-Mobile is concerned I've been with them 17+ years. If it counts to them, then it counts to me.

Ebaneeezor

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am happy with the phone and phone service.

But the customer service from T-Mobile absolutely sucks.

I sent back a celfi booster back in november. . I have the tracking slip showing they signed for it and received it.

Now I get 10 to 15 calls a day from their Robo dialer telling me I am past due and they will shut my phone off if I don't pay for a piece of equipment that they have.

So far, they have turned my phone off 3 times and i have had to call in and get it reinstated.

They keep apologizing but can't seem to get it fixed.

I get home from traveling on Thursday, on friday i will talk to my legal advisor.

Posted via the Android Central App

I just literally went through this same thing when i upgraded to the wifi calling asus thingy they have - after several calls from them and emails stating i was overdue and blah blah blah - I called them yelling, telling them I did my job and sent it back - you do your job and process the return, or shut my phones off and never get another dime from me. The problem was magically fixed the next day.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Left AT&T after 8 years of bad signal at my home that made me walk down the street to even talk on the phone. Called AT&T over and over to improve my signal and they told me I needed to give them over $200 for a home cell extender. Since I paid over $100 a month I told them they should pay for it but they didn't care. Solved the problem with Metro PCS that was only $35 a month for everything including tax that let me use the phone inside my home. Now that T-Mobile bought Metro and I got a Nexus 5 phone put me on the T-Mobile's GSM cell towers. I am 100% happy with TMO/Metro. Just checked Open Signal and I haven't lost cell service this month even for a minute. Need to get new phone to use the 700Mhz signal is my only issue but I still have great service now.

What is the best Cell Service in South Florida. Turns out the Top 4 are all close and price is what you should look at if you live here.

ROOTmetric Overall Performance for Miami/South Florida

Last edited:

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I am kind of loving and hating T-mobile right now. Overall it's okay though. Everything so far is perfect except home signal. Data signal after 6 pm to basically 2 am~ is basically useless.

I am in Lewisville (Dallas so to speak) and have been seeing far better service with T-mobile than AT&T. By better I mean not buffering videos every 10-20 seconds. Facebook loading quickly. Not to mention what I previously thought was a defective phone with broken GPS, turned out to be AT&T's network being crappy. My GPS works perfectly on T-mobile.
I may be stuck with T-mobile though as Sprint doesn't have a great reputation here. I was going to try their service today, online I can get the Iphone 6 without having to pay a deposit. I went to Best buy to take advantage of an offer they had: They now wanted $175 deposit. Sucked to be honest wasted my time, and the Best buy rep's time..

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I am kind of loving and hating T-mobile right now. Overall it's okay though. Everything so far is perfect except home signal. Data signal after 6 pm to basically 2 am~ is basically useless.

I am in Lewisville (Dallas so to speak) and have been seeing far better service with T-mobile than AT&T. By better I mean not buffering videos every 10-20 seconds. Facebook loading quickly. Not to mention what I previously thought was a defective phone with broken GPS, turned out to be AT&T's network being crappy. My GPS works perfectly on T-mobile.
I may be stuck with T-mobile though as Sprint doesn't have a great reputation here. I was going to try their service today, online I can get the Iphone 6 without having to pay a deposit. I went to Best buy to take advantage of an offer they had: They now wanted $175 deposit. Sucked to be honest wasted my time, and the Best buy rep's time..

That's surprising that you have that big a swing between 6pm and 2am. T-Mobile and AT&T must have very weak backhaul in your area. Did the city recently build up significantly in population or something?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Don't care what Tmobile customers says.
I live in the country. T mobile don't work well here.
If the phone is 1/2 price in the service.
When it don't have the towers and don't get a signal. Its no good.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Well yeah if they have no coverage for you it would be a horrible option to choose them. If they didn't give me service where I live now I wouldn't be with them either :). Always have to choose what works for your area.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

The reason is AT&T and Verizon own about 73% of the low band spectrum. Spectrum below 1 GHz goes greater distances and penetrates building better than mid-band and high band spectrum. Both AT&T and Verizon know that if Sprint and T-Mobile get lower band spectrum their will be more competition and lower prices. That would mean AT&T and Verizon would not be able to charge so much extra for their cell service. AT&T and Verizon convinced the FCC to postpone their 600GHz band Auctions from 2015 till 2016 so they could raise more cash to once again out bid Sprint and T-Mobile for low band spectrum.

T-Mobile yet again petitions FCC to change 600MHz auction rules to promote competition

AT&T and Verizon have been using Spectrum squatting to buy airwaves and not use that spectrum as a method of keeping the best spectrum that hinders competition and keeping their prices high to their customers.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Quote from article linked below;

"AT&T and Verizon already control 73 percent of the nation’s low-band spectrum. Yes. I said 73%! Wondering how the hell this happened? Back in the ‘80s, before the government started auctioning spectrum, it gave Ma Bell’s offspring a ridiculous amount of free spectrum to begin building wireless networks. Each company got a juicy 25 MHz of prime, low-band spectrum across the country. And these Twin Bells, infused with this government gift, have leveraged it into market dominance. Yes, they are now AT&T and Verizon! And they now have two-thirds of the nation’s wireless customers, and nearly $162 billion in annual wireless revenue between them.”

John Legere: AWS-3 spectrum auction a “disaster for American wireless customers”

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Well, yeah. This is a poll of whether current customers are satisfied with the value of their service. I imagine if someone was living in an area where they did not get service with a carrier they would not be a customer of that carrier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar