TMO ranked third or lower in JD Power rankings for Network Quality

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: TMO ranked third or lower in JD Power rankings

That's not really a shock... T-Mobile's network is nowhere near the size and scope of either AT&T or Verizon... that's why they are trying to add towers like made and buy up whatever spectrum they can get their hands on. People in built-up, metro areas... TMO will be awesome. But if you are in the boondocks, well, there's a reason why T-Mobile has Wi-Fi Calling. :)

I have T-Mobile.... switched from Verizon... and I get a decent LTE signal pretty much everywhere I go in my everyday travels... but there are spots where coverage drops out. That rarely happened on Verizon... BUT... T-Mobile's saving me money and the Customer Service I've dealt with is AWESOME. Every time I've called, they've treated me like a valued customer and worked with me.... my dealings with Verizon were along the lines of "You should feel blessed that you are allowed to use our service". I'll take T-Mobile's customer experience and accept the (for me) occasional dead spots.

The first time I used JUMP... T-Mobile let me keep my old phone for a couple of weeks so I could make sure everything was transferred. When it came time to ship the old one back, I forgot to add on tracking (T-Mo paid for shipping... which didn't have any kind of tracking... that isn't the case anymore). Well, the package never arrived at the location and was 'lost'. Rather than give me a hard time, T-Mobile removed the phone from my account thanked me for my business.

I recently switched out my other line's phone... when I was in the store, the CS rep said "Hey.... if you switch over to the new 2-line unlimited plan... you'll get unlimited LTE on your second line (which was only on the base 1G of LTE/m) and it'll save $10 a month off your bill". Considering that T-Mobile doesn't do contracts, there was ZERO incentive to point that out other than to save me money and get me a better plan. In the near 15+ years I was a Verizon Wireless customer, nothing even remotely close to that occurred.

So going forward... I'm betting that T-Mobile improves their network a hell of a lot faster than Verizon Wireless improves their customer service. :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am not shocked for Network Quality -- They're not known for coverage .. that is for sure haha :D.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Wow what a shock... since I only pay $35 a month after leaving AT&T that charged me over a $100 a month with a much worst signal at my house. Location.... Location... Location... Open Signal's App shows I have had 100% connect time the last several months with Metro PCS connected over T-Mobile's towers.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I think the big thing to keep in mind is that even though T-Mobile is still third or worse, the overall network quality across the country has improved. Third in 2015 is much more usable than third in 2005.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Network quality, not coverage. That's the news here.

Not really -- No coverage = lower quality network. How can someone have a quality network if you get no signal in some places? Doesn't make much sense...

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Not really -- No coverage = lower quality network. How can someone have a quality network if you get no signal in some places? Doesn't make much sense...

That's not the only scenario under which you can get degraded network performance, it's just the most obvious one. You can also have similar results when you have, say only a 5x5 holding in a dense market, or no to little low band spectrum, etc.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I've tried t-mobile twice int he past 5 years. Both times the coverage was lacking. The speeds and call quality were always top notch though. Just too many dead zones with "emergency calls only"

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I've tried t-mobile twice int he past 5 years. Both times the coverage was lacking. The speeds and call quality were always top notch though. Just too many dead zones with "emergency calls only"

Only the location where you use your phone is what counts. People that come over to my house with AT&T have to walk down the street like I did when I had AT&T to talk on the phone. With TMO/Metro PCS I haven't found one place in Dade, Broward or Palm Beach county that I can't use my T-Mobile service to take a call. My Open Signal App shows me I have had 100% connection time on TMO since 2014. I guess I should go over to AT&T board and call out AT&T pathetic services 24/7/365 if I wanted to trash their expensive service but I don't since I haven't used their service in 3 years. Also, sure don't understand why a Verizon uses thinks he can claim T-Mobile hasn't improved in past 5 years.

T-Mobile is a sure lot cheaper than Verizon or AT&T. T-Mobile is as good as anyone where I live according to RootMetric 2nd Half 2014 report. http://www.rootmetrics.com/uk/rsr/miami-fl/2014/2H

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX