throttle?! why?

angelisawesome

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I'm on the unlimited 80$ plan right for unlimted 4g LTE data. I chose this plan because I don't have WiFi at home and use data a lot. Long story short it's been a week since I changed to the plan it's been great until now it seems that T-Mobile has throttled me. I would know cause I went through the hell first hand before I switched over to this plan. Any known fixes for this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-29-22-37-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-29-22-37-16.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 211

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like your area may be having issues. If you're on the truly unlimited plan I doubt they would throttle. I have used way .. and by way .. I mean .. WAY more than 25 GB and never been throttled. I would see if they're doing something to the tower in your area.

angelisawesome

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Ok thanks, I've been searching around on the Web and I found this article that states that tmobile throttles you if you use peer to peer sharing websites or something like that. I used the pirates bay to download a couple of albums do you think that might be it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that's probably it. And please note that we discourage the use of sites like Pirate Bay, or discussions about them.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
another thing you can do is hop in y our car and drive a few miles and see if you have better speeds.
Where i live has massive congestion most of the night. So at my apt i have to be on WiFi but early morning its awesome, and early afternoon.

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
The reason Mary congestion is because of people abusing the network. People need to learn to get home wifi is well. Mobile networks are not meant to handle 100 gigabytes per month. Just my opinions and thoughts

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The reason Mary congestion is because of people abusing the network. People need to learn to get home wifi is well. Mobile networks are not meant to handle 100 gigabytes per month. Just my opinions and thoughts

This is some of the reason but some places just have natural congestion due to so many people in one spot trying to use the network. Most people don't use 100 GB a month .. It isn't nearly as common as some would think.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok thanks, I've been searching around on the Web and I found this article that states that tmobile throttles you if you use peer to peer sharing websites or something like that. I used the pirates bay to download a couple of albums do you think that might be it?

T-Mobile to throttle customers who use unlimited LTE data for torrents/p2p » TmoNews

The policy says that they will contact you and ask you to stop first. Since that doesn't seem to have happened I would give them a call.

But torrenting is very easy for T-Mobile to track so I'd recommend you stop doing it on your T-Mobile service. Note that this includes perfectly legal uses of torrenting, so avoid things like BitTorrent Sync as well.

demontooth

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Here's some screenshots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-22-09-55-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-22-09-55-16.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_2015-04-21-14-49-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-21-14-49-12.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 85