Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Really sad that metro pcs got the lollipop update on their phones and I'm still waiting for the update for my Note 4

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
As long as they're squashing bugs, I'm glad they're holding it back... The S5's rollout has been the scariest I've read for Samsung LP updates hehe

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I just don't see how metro got it out so fast. I had a s4 with them until I got my Note 4. It didn't get the 4.4.4 update until like a month before I got my Note in December.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
It's annoying. I have metro pcs but my Note 4 is an unlocked t-mobile phone so I have yet to get the update most people already have

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Again, I'd rather wait for the update (which, honestly, doesn't really bring all that much to the table other than lockscreen notifications, which in my case, are the first thing I disabled when the update hit my Tab S) to be stable than have it 'with everyone else' and be one of those multiple posts going all 'Lollipoop broke my phone'.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Technically it makes sense. They don't put T-Mobile bloat on those phones so therefore .. less testing. Metro also doesn't have wifi calling like regular T-Mobile so that is another thing they have to ensure works with the update.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Technically it makes sense. They don't put T-Mobile bloat on those phones so therefore .. less testing. Metro also doesn't have wifi calling like regular T-Mobile so that is another thing they have to ensure works with the update.

I been on MetroPCS even before T-Mobile took them over. I didn't know MetroPCS doesn't have Wi-Fi calling like T-Mobile since I am Metro using TMO's network. I thought why I didn't have Wi-Fi calls was only because my Nexus 5 doesn't support Wi-Fi calling was the issue. This may cause me to flip to T-Mobile when I get a new phone. Now back before TMO acquired MetroPCS they pushed a free App called "Joyn" for wi-fi calling. Joyn is part of the Rich Text Services that a lot like WhatsApp. Joyn seems to have been ignored by MetroPCS since T-Mobile took over. I remember about a month ago that TMO's CTO Neville Ray said Rich Text Services is going to be upgraded soon but I think he was talking about T-Mobile. I don't use Joyn since it requires both devices to have Joyn just like WhatsApp does.

The Rich Communication Services program is a GSM Association (GSMA) program for the creation of inter-operator communication services based on IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) .[1][2][3] It is marketed by the GSMA under the brand name joyn™.

Main features of RCS are:

Enhanced Phonebook: service capabilities and enhanced contacts information such as presence and service discovery.
Enhanced Messaging: enables a large variety of messaging options including chat, emoticons, location share and file sharing.
Enriched Calls: enables multimedia content sharing during a voice call, video call and video sharing (see what I see) Rich Communication Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is from a MetroRumor board that is a good place to get news about MetroPCS from independent bloggers.

What You Need To Know About Metro PCS WiFi Calling

Last edited:

kittenfuud

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
It's still in testing. You can check on T-Mobile's website for the status of the update

Thanks! I updated to 5.0.0 w less headache than most, it seems, but battery life and lag are still issues. I'll check Tmo's site for progress on 5.1.

Posted via my SGS5 from the Android Central App

litchie

May 25, 2014
Visit site
LG G3/T-mobile pulled my looliepop update back after they put it out! And they still don't know when it will be ready"WOW"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1