Question on ETF Reimbursement

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Hey all. I have five months left on Verizon (two year contract), and use a subsidized Galaxy S4 as my daily driver. I'd like to jump ship from Big Red to little magenta because (believe it or not) the coverage is better on Tmo.

I understand I have to relinquish my phone and buy a new phone on the spot if I want to take advantage of their ETF reimbursement policy, but would prefer to keep my S4 and sell it as it's a 32MB rooted / unlocked bootloader variant. I found a site that says Tmo will take any working VZW phone. My mother has an older LG flip phone that still works.

Can I really substitute the flip phone? Also, for the second half of the equation, couldn't I technically just buy the cheapest phone they offer, sell it, then get what I really want (Note 4) off eBay?

Am I missing anything? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
When I switched I didn't need to trade anything. Explained I wanted to keep my phone for a few days to copy over files to new phone. They out in info for old flip phone on my receipt as trade in. Got ETF no problems. Might see what your location does.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
When I switched, I sold my new phone and had Verizon activate a Blackberry curve that I paid around $10 for.

I made some calls so TMO could see it was really my current device.

I received my $350 gift card in about 8 weeks

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Make sure to terminate your auto pay before you leave (if you have signed up for it) because Verzion will debt money's owned to them before you receive you Visa card from Tmobile.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My closing bill was $561.00, will I receive that amount?...

As Boogas said you will only get the amount for the ETF or phone payment -- the monthly bill (however much time you had on that bill) will still be due by you.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I wasn't in a contract with Verzion, this was for my phone. I was making payments on my Note 4.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't in a contract with Verzion, this was for my phone. I was making payments on my Note 4.

Sounds like you already switched. When you activated, did you trade in your Note 4? What happens is they will give you credit for the trade in. Them give you the difference in trade in value and what you owed on the Note 4.

Example. Let's say you owed $500 on the Note 4 and trade in value was $200. T-Mobile would let you use the $200 right away and then send you $300 on a visa card, totalling $500, the amount you owed.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 Edge via the Uncarrier

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I have already switch over to Tmobile and I turned in my note 4. I allowed Tmobile to submit my paperwork for the refund but there was a problem!..I received an email from Tmobile stating there was a problem with the paperwork, so I went to my tmobile store and they reviewed my paperwork and stated that the employee that submitted the paperwork, HIGHLIGHTED the amount and that created a problem....The employee called and corrected the problem...

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I processed my paperwork at my local Tmobile store. I had just completed 4 weeks. I checked my status and I was told that there was a problem with my paperwork and I had been denied!. I returned to my Tmobile store and a clerk called to see what problems had occurred. The clerk stated that there was a problem reading the figures but not to worry, the matter had been taken care of. I am wondering if I have to start over again, or do I start where I left off?

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I processed my paperwork at my local Tmobile store. I had just completed 4 weeks. I checked my status and I was told that there was a problem with my paperwork and I had been denied!. I returned to my Tmobile store and a clerk called to see what problems had occurred. The clerk stated that there was a problem reading the figures but not to worry, the matter had been taken care of. I am wondering if I have to start over again, or do I start where I left off?

There is a department that handles ETF reimbursement specifically. I would call them and ask.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 Edge via the Uncarrier

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I checked my status today and I have been approved and should take 2-3 weeks to receive my card. THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK!.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney