Tmobile Unlimited 4g plan

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I am with Tmobile and I signed up with this plan. I recently read this statement regarding the unlimited 4g data plan, which states that this is guaranteed for 2 years...What is you thoughts..

Posted via the Android Central App

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
All it means right now isn that you get the plan for at least 2 years. This leaves the door open for them to make changes in the future. At this point no one knows.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 Edge via the Uncarrier

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
its a tower issue.
I am on a 2 line unlimited $100 plan and at my apt i get abismal .05 to .25 megs down and 8-10 megs up.
I can then drive half a mile west and get 70 megs down. Go back home and its crap, drive past it half a mile the other direction and back to 15 megs down.
But from 3am to 6am the same tower is 10 megs down.
I opened a trouble ticket 3 weeks ago, and followed up every week my self plus have now received several calls back. No resolution yet but i do believe they are going to eventually get it fixed.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
its a tower issue.
I am on a 2 line unlimited $100 plan and at my apt i get abismal .05 to .25 megs down and 8-10 megs up.
I can then drive half a mile west and get 70 megs down. Go back home and its crap, drive past it half a mile the other direction and back to 15 megs down.
I opened a trouble ticket 3 weeks ago, and followed up every week my self plus have now received several calls back. No resolution yet but i do believe they are going to eventually get it fixed.

Did you happen to notice how many GBs you were at 3 weeks ago when this started?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have never gone over 10 GB.. In fact the highest i can recall ever going in a month was 7GB.
I also have a neighbor who is experiencing the same issues. She cant user her phone for anything data when at the apts. because of the tower problem. But if she goes down the street like me she will get back to normal speeds.
It sucks but its not throttling. Its a tower problem. At least for me and anybody in the close proximity to where i live due to that tower.

EDIT: I should also add into my situation, its been going on for 3 months. I am normally on WiFi when i get home due to the bad data speeds. LOL it wasnt till my cable modem had an issue that for a whole night i had to suffer with the bad speeds and since then i have been calling TMO. So for the past 3 weeks i have been working with them to get it fixed. But i am by no means a power user.

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
its a tower issue.

It's probably a lot of people in your area abusing the unlimited network. This is why they need to have some kind of stipulation on it. if it makes people's internet speeds that slow then that is a problem as everybody should easily get to enjoy the network. It is not fair for me to have to wait half an hour for a YouTube video to load and for you to be 20 in all the movies and stuff that you want. they need to set network priorities for those who are high data users such as the person that said that they use a Tea gigabytes a month. Your speeds should be slower than mine if only use 5 or 6. Get it

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I dont buy that excuse.
Why? Theres no way enough people are staying on 1 tower that long. If it fluctuated maybe, but its constantly stuck in the .5 to .25 dl speeds constantly from morning to late night. Even congested towers have varying times of higher speeds as users go on and off the tower. Or what every they are doing is done and frees up some bandwidth.
But for this tower to do it every single day for 2 to 3 months. I never complained because i too thought oh well crowded network ill use WiFi. BUT i always tested it. I honestly figured other people would complain or it would resolve its self or it was being upgraded.
Plus to be able to go such a short distance in several directions and get super fast speeds again makes me think tower issue and not necessarily crowding / capacity issue.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's probably a lot of people in your area abusing the unlimited network. This is why they need to have some kind of stipulation on it. if it makes people's internet speeds that slow then that is a problem as everybody should easily get to enjoy the network. It is not fair for me to have to wait half an hour for a YouTube video to load and for you to be 20 in all the movies and stuff that you want. they need to set network priorities for those who are high data users such as the person that said that they use a Tea gigabytes a month. Your speeds should be slower than mine if only use 5 or 6. Get it

There are stipulations on other networks (caps) ... This is unlimited .. it should be unlimited. They advertise it as such (watching movies, streaming tons of media, etc.)

As I have asked you before please explain how using a high amount of data on an unlimited plan is "abuse".... but using that same data on a capped plan is not. The only difference is the carrier makes more money .. It still causes the same usage, load on the tower, and spectrum usage.