Considering switch, Pros and Cons of various carriers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I called yesterday and hurd bout atnts 150 bill credit when you port over from Verizon. I would wait for contract to be up first. Do you all yink it would be a good switch. We are on a 2 gvb promo with verizon and after contracts areup bill will be 70 dollars or so for 2 lines. Do you thib it is wise to make he move as bill will be quite cheep on verizon after the contracts are up? How is coverege compaired to vz as we have no land lines and i use te phone alot? Verizon has been good to us and ricing is close to the same. Thanks for any sujestions you may have.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: switching to Atnt from Verizon fter end of contract

If Verizon is working I would stay with them .. unless you have a real reason to leave. AT&T will be pretty much the same price... they're very similar.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: switching to Atnt from Verizon fter end of contract

Welcome to Android Central! I agree with Almeuit. If you're wondering about AT&T coverage, check out Sensorly.com or Rootmetrics.com.

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: switching to ATT from Verizon after the end of contract

Thanks for the replys i will take your advise as we have been with verizon 10 plus years just thinking about the 300 credit for switching over two lines. Thanks for the welcome.

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Signal with VZW

Does verizon have better than AT&T. Live a ways in country. Verizon is great but AT&T is offering $150 for each line ported over. Will service be worse if we make move.

Last edited by a moderator:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Signal with VZW

It would depend specifically on where you are (signal can vary greatly even within the same building sometimes). I would see if you can find someone with Verizon service and test it where you need it.

For me personally, Verizon gets 30-60mbs at my desk at work, but my Co worker on att has no signal. Of course I am sure that there are locations where other carriers have better signal than Verizon.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site

I have vz now and yes the survis good but do not no about atnt. That is really fast. I get good speeds to i have no complants but the 300 is tempting.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Then likewise you need to test their service

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I have vz now and yes the survis good but do not no about atnt. That is really fast. I get good speeds to i have no complants but the 300 is tempting.

Just remember $300 won't mean a thing if you switch and have bad service.

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
any verizon promos

We are ob a loyality plan with 2 phones in contract with 1 gb and a extra for free. We pay around $105 which will go down $30at the end of the contracts. Any promos i can call and ask for. That is heigh for that much data.

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Plan options?

I was wondering if we pay to mch and if they have a better plan.
We have 1 gb plus a free gb $30
all u can eat minutes and texts
2 lines on contract $40 a pop going to $25 after end of contract. I will not sign another contract as long as i live. Is this the best plan and btw this a lewuality plan.
Note after end of contract we will no longer get the extra gb so i will call and try to get a deal since we will be month to month.
Thank all for your help
What plan do you all out there.

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
happy with verizonu

How do you like veeing on verizon. We have had them for many years and we like them other than the survis is good. How do u feel about verizon. If you have something how do you like them.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Does verizon have better than AT&T. Live a ways in country. Verizon is great but AT&T is offering $150 for each line ported over. Will service be worse if we make move.

I have to consider the service area in situations like this. As much as $300 is tempting, it's a one time bit of cash but in the overall would really mess with our phone service. To me this is one of those "money isn't everything" questions I would have to ask myself.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: any verizon promos

I'm all about saving money for sure, but not if I am not getting apples for apples! Had a friend awhile ago was on another carrier (not AT&T) and he would constantly say he is paying soooooo much less than me on Verizon and yet he would complain every single day how bad the service was and he was missing/droppiing calls, not getting voice mails....etc. We have been with Verizon for 12 years and Yes, I think they are More Expensive/To Expensive, but we get great service coverage. Find some one who lives in your area that is on AT&T and find out what their experience is. I agree with Almeuit.....once you get that $300 it will be history but the service will be ongoing, be it Good or Bad?

Last edited:

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I am in NYC and have experience with all 4 carriers though spirit was limited to 2G voice coverage like 14 years ago . Verizon, AT&T , and sprint works in my apartment while t-mobile didn't . I get no service with Verizon in 1 place I eat regularly but get full bars with AT&T and t-mobile but IDC since I'm only in there for like 30 minutes and don't typically use my phone while I eat anyways. Verizon I've noticed overall has the best coverage along with AT&T in having service which is more important to me . T-mobile had more bars for whatever it's worth then AT&T or Verizon at a Costco I shop at but Verizon and AT&T works there that it doesn't really matter . T-mobile had full bars while AT&T and Verizon had around 2-3 bars all based of iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy s2 skyrocket ,s3, s4 and nexus 5 . T-mobile nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy note 3 & 4. Verizon I used the droid turbo and Samsung Galaxy note 4.

Overall I got better service with AT&T but Verizon is a close second but since I'm saving $20 a month with Verizon I am sticking with Verizon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mdk32014

Banned
Jan 23, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the long reply keep them coming. So you are sying u like atnt. If i was on my own plan i think i would try t mobile as i like the no caps plans they hve. Also i think u are saying that it verys based on location. I called atnt and was told they are the best and vz says same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey