Jump! Program Question

Thomas_K50

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
My phone is currently Jump! upgrade eligible. This will be the first time I have ever used this service and have a couple of questions.

Once I trade in the phone and pick a new one will I be able to exchange the phone during the standard 14 day period? Could I cancel service during the 14 day period without incurring ETF costs?

Thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not an expert, but can go off what's written on my last Jump! upgrade papers (as long as you're not on the Jump! on Demand)

1) Yes, once you Jump! you can return your device in 14 days, just like any other device. Be aware, however, that re-stocking fees may apply.

2) Nope. Once you do the upgrade, your current phone is taken in as credit that goes towards the remaining payments of the device. But this is done only because you're doing a Jump! upgrade. Should you decide to cancel your service, the credit wouldn't be applied and you'd still owe whatever was left to pay for the other device (in which case, if you turned your phone in, it would need to be returned to you, which means shipping costs probably charged to you).

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
My phone is currently Jump! upgrade eligible. This will be the first time I have ever used this service and have a couple of questions.

Once I trade in the phone and pick a new one will I be able to exchange the phone during the standard 14 day period? Could I cancel service during the 14 day period without incurring ETF costs?

Thanks.

If you're trying to get out of service not owing anything, yes that will work. There will be a restocking fee

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T

Thomas_K50

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
After speaking with several T-Mobile representatives (in-store and phone) you can return the device within the 14 day buyer's remorse period, and cancel service without any penalties or fees (except for the restocking fee). Once you meet the Jump program requirements: trade in your old phone, which is used to cover the remaining balance of the EIP (you may owe money if your phone value is less);and, purchase a new phone (either through EIP or cash). Once you purchase a new phone the old agreement is terminated and a new agreement is started for the new EIP, which includes the 14-day return period. Once you return the phone and pay the restocking fee you no longer owe on the EIP. Since there is no cellular service contract, you can cancel at anytime.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... these are little loopholes that they are closing with JOD. I know that, for a while, you could JUMP to pretty much any phone they had for sale... I went on one day and they had some old, referb'd flip phones for like dirt, or like a $1/m JUMP EIP payment. So if I wanted to get out of JUMP without paying a lot, all I had to do was wait for a JUMP to be available, jump to the POS cheapo phone then turn around and pay off the balance. Now, I think the cheapest one you could get if you were on the old JUMPs was something around $100... which was still a lot less than most EIP balances.

JOD has a short list of available devices (all big baucoup)... so that loophole is going *poof*

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non