T-Mobile is buying up lots of new 700 Mhz spectrum

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
In the last few weeks T-Mobile seems to be buying up a lot of new spectrum. First T-Mobile acquired all 700Mhz of Block A from AB License Co LLC in sections across the nation in Florida, Louisiana (now 100% state wide) , Texas, Arkansas, Virginia/North Carolina boarder, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico, California (San Diago) and Georgia (Macon area).

This week T-Mobile added some sections in Idaho and sections of Wyoming (Yellowstone/ Jackson) from three regional carriers. Also, T-Mobile just aquired sections of Minnesota and Wisconsin from Cellcom.

Just look at this link for the new sections that are outlined in blue with light brown fill. Pink areas are current T-Mobile 700Mhz licences areas.

Map of T-Mobile's 700 MHz spectrum

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Don't toy with me! I have been eagerly awaiting band 12 in Hampton Roads and according to this, that is one of the new sections being added. I love T-Mobile but my biggest gripe with them has been their spotty indoor coverage in our area and band 12 is just the thing that we need around here.

Now I definitely need to start getting serious about picking up a newer band 12 equipped phone. I know it will still be a while before it is actually rolled out, but when they flip the switch I want to be ready to go.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Seems they finally have decent LTE in El Dorado, Arkansas. But once you get to traveling you loose signal just like Sprint and AT&T in certain spots.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Seems they finally have decent LTE in El Dorado, Arkansas. But once you get to traveling you loose signal just like Sprint and AT&T in certain spots.

Yeah no carrier is perfect in every situation... Usually some are just better than others on average. Just depends where you work & play.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I understand that. I was with Sprint for 3 years, and I really didn't want to switch carriers. But I travel alot and I just didn't have the coverage I needed. And I'm finally glad to see that T-Mobile finally has LTE here even if it took them till the end of 2015 to get it.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I have band 12 in my area but my iPhone 6S+ constantly is in Band 4 and I've only seen it once go to Band 12. I asked the rep who helped me switch over from AT&T and he said that my phone prefers band 4 cause of the speed but when I'm in church I get 1 bar and sometimes no service so it would seem in situations like those it would automatically switch over to Band 12.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have band 12 in my area but my iPhone 6S+ constantly is in Band 4 and I've only seen it once go to Band 12.

Well, 12 is really supposed to be a kind of safety net for when band 4 is poor or out of range. The problem is that there is not a ton of bandwidth with 12, so it can't support a ton of concurrent users... So if a phone can use 4, it'll use 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital