T-Mobile Sucks

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I left T-Mobile and switched to Sprint (I'll be switching to Verizon when the Thunderbolt comes out but that's a different story). My first smartphone was bought from T-Mobile. I bought a G1 after returning an AT&T Blackberry Bold after having it for 10 days and getting countless dropped calls and experiencing ?ber-crappy coverage. The 3G data speed was ridiculously fast. Talking on the phone while surfing was a great experience. 32 days after I bought the G1, I noticed that something was odd. I couldn't get Youtube videos to play. I really knew that something was wrong when I couldn't talk on the phone and surf the web at the same time, something that I bragged to my friends about. So I called T-Mo's customer service line and asked them why I couldn't talk on the phone and surf simulataneously. I the guy explained that one can only talk on the web and surf at the same time when the phone is using 3G. He had me like wtf when he told me that they didn't have 3G in my city. I explained that I knew for a fact then that I had 3G on my phone because I was able to talk on the phone and surf the web at the same time. His response was ridiculous: "The phone probably just said that you were on 3G when you were actually on Edge." What a moron!... With me having excellent Google skills I found out that T-Mo was only testing 3G in my area during the time that I bought the phone (March 2009) and being 32 days into my contract, I couldn't cancel without having to pay an ETF... I figured that I had better learn some patience... My city didn't get 3G from T-Mo until October 2009. At first, they were still testing it; it was horrible, I would have 3G in one area and if I took two steps I lost it, or the phone would lose 3G as soon as I picked it up. They finally got it right (kinda sorta) after about a month, but I still couldn't get 3G in my home unless the phone was lying flat and not in a dead pocket. Hardly useable... I liked the fact that T-Mobile was lenient with it's billing. They gave 45 days for you to pay your bill. During the 45 days you could still surf the web and text as much as you needed to, but you had to have money in your Flex Account to make calls at 19 cents a minute, and the money that's used from your Flex Account gets subtracted from a future bill. I thought that that was pretty decent so I stayed with them. Last October, I accidentally dropped my G1 without the case on it and the screen cracked. It still worked, but I knew that eventually I would start experiencing some problems. Luckily, I was due for an early upgrade. I upgraded the the HTC G2. Great phone. Had the same problems that I had with the G1. Had slightly better speeds when connected to FauxG. Problems arised when my couldn't make a bill payment on my so called "Even More" plan... First of all I was forced to go from a 300 minute plan to a 500 minute plan; I had to pay extra for minutes that I don't even use... When I went to call the number to add minutes to my Flex Account, the automated service acted "funny," tell my that I needed to add money to my Flex Account to make calls (as if I didn't select to add money to my Flex Account). When I went to add money to my Flex Account online on T-Mo's website, the link to add money to one's Flex Account after logging was "conspiciously hidden." I never had that problem before... Luckily, after clicking on every link I finally found the "conspiciously hidden" link to add money to my Flex Account. To make matters worse, I found out that they had started talking like 30-45 cents out of my Flex Account for every text/IM during what was supposed to be my "grace period." One day, after putting 10 dollars into my empty Flex Account , I texted a couple of people. I thought I'd check my Flex Account balance to make sure I knew where my money was going and I had only 29 cents in it. Realizing that T-Mo had played me by not informing me that I would be charged for texts during those periods despite extensive questioning of T-Mobile employees and customer service reps, I went to text my wife to tell her that I was going to T-Mobile because I didn't feel like going through the hassle of trying to add money on my Flex Account on the web and the text didn't go through. I was PISSED! The whole time they had been charging me for texts without letting me know, making it hard for me to add money to my Flex Account on the web and making it impossible to add it on the phone, and charging a dollar for every payment made at a T-Mobile store. That did it for me. I switched to Sprint because I wanted a 4G phone on anyone's network but T-Mobile's. I wanted to switch to Verizon but they don't have any 4G phones yet.

Edit: And what about T-Mobile's customer service (or lack thereof) reps? I hear everyone clearly (95% of the time) until I call T-Mobile's customer service line. After playing with the automated selections with the T-Mobile lady's voice fading in and out, I get "treated" to a warm canned greeting by a live T-Mobile customer service rep with their voice fading in and out as well. I find it funny how every last one of them loses their ability to speak the language of my country fluently after I express my concerns... Quite simply, T-Mobile's customer service reps suck; they don't help...their voices fading in and out while they're speaking in broken English doesn't help either... They tell you thing that you know are nonsense for a fact and when you express your discontent with them they say, "You want to add a line?" When you first call the number, the recording says that T-Mobile's customer service was voted the best by J.D. Power and Associates...LMFAO!!! Are you kidding me?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I left T-Mobile and switched to Sprint (I'll be switching to Verizon when the Thunderbolt comes out but that's a different story). My first smartphone was bought from T-Mobile. I bought a G1 after returning an AT&T Blackberry Bold after having it for 10 days and getting countless dropped calls and experiencing ?ber-crappy coverage. The 3G data speed was ridiculously fast. Talking on the phone while surfing was a great experience. 32 days after I bought the G1, I noticed that something was odd. I couldn't get Youtube videos to play. I really knew that something was wrong when I couldn't talk on the phone and surf the web at the same time, something that I bragged to my friends about. So I called T-Mo's customer service line and asked them why I couldn't talk on the phone and surf simulataneously. I the guy explained that one can only talk on the web and surf at the same time when the phone is using 3G. He had me like wtf when he told me that they didn't have 3G in my city. I explained that I knew for a fact then that I had 3G on my phone because I was able to talk on the phone and surf the web at the same time. His response was ridiculous: "The phone probably just said that you were on 3G when you were actually on Edge." What a moron!... With me having excellent Google skills I found out that T-Mo was only testing 3G in my area during the time that I bought the phone (March 2009) and being 32 days into my contract, I couldn't cancel without having to pay an ETF... I figured that I had better learn some patience... My city didn't get 3G from T-Mo until October 2009. At first, they were still testing it; it was horrible, I would have 3G in one area and if I took two steps I lost it, or the phone would lose 3G as soon as I picked it up. They finally got it right (kinda sorta) after about a month, but I still couldn't get 3G in my home unless the phone was lying flat and not in a dead pocket. Hardly useable... I liked the fact that T-Mobile was lenient with it's billing. They gave 45 days for you to pay your bill. During the 45 days you could still surf the web and text as much as you needed to, but you had to have money in your Flex Account to make calls at 19 cents a minute, and the money that's used from your Flex Account gets subtracted from a future bill. I thought that that was pretty decent so I stayed with them. Last October, I accidentally dropped my G1 without the case on it and the screen cracked. It still worked, but I knew that eventually I would start experiencing some problems. Luckily, I was due for an early upgrade. I upgraded the the HTC G2. Great phone. Had the same problems that I had with the G1. Had slightly better speeds when connected to FauxG. Problems arised when my couldn't make a bill payment on my so called "Even More" plan... First of all I was forced to go from a 300 minute plan to a 500 minute plan; I had to pay extra for minutes that I don't even use... When I went to call the number to add minutes to my Flex Account, the automated service acted "funny," tell my that I needed to add money to my Flex Account to make calls (as if I didn't select to add money to my Flex Account). When I went to add money to my Flex Account online on T-Mo's website, the link to add money to one's Flex Account after logging was "conspiciously hidden." I never had that problem before... Luckily, after clicking on every link I finally found the "conspiciously hidden" link to add money to my Flex Account. To make matters worse, I found out that they had started talking like 30-45 cents out of my Flex Account for every text/IM during what was supposed to be my "grace period." One day, after putting 10 dollars into my empty Flex Account , I texted a couple of people. I thought I'd check my Flex Account balance to make sure I knew where my money was going and I had only 29 cents in it. Realizing that T-Mo had played me by not informing me that I would be charged for texts during those periods despite extensive questioning of T-Mobile employees and customer service reps, I went to text my wife to tell her that I was going to T-Mobile because I didn't feel like going through the hassle of trying to add money on my Flex Account on the web and the text didn't go through. I was PISSED! The whole time they had been charging me for texts without letting me know, making it hard for me to add money to my Flex Account on the web and making it impossible to add it on the phone, and charging a dollar for every payment made at a T-Mobile store. That did it for me. I switched to Sprint because I wanted a 4G phone on anyone's network but T-Mobile's. I wanted to switch to Verizon but they don't have any 4G phones yet.

Edit: And what about T-Mobile's customer service (or lack thereof) reps? I hear everyone clearly (95% of the time) until I call T-Mobile's customer service line. After playing with the automated selections with the T-Mobile lady's voice fading in and out, I get "treated" to a warm canned greeting by a live T-Mobile customer service rep with their voice fading in and out as well. I find it funny how every last one of them loses their ability to speak the language of my country fluently after I express my concerns... Quite simply, T-Mobile's customer service reps suck; they don't help...their voices fading in and out while they're speaking in broken English doesn't help either... They tell you thing that you know are nonsense for a fact and when you express your discontent with them they say, "You want to add a line?" When you first call the number, the recording says that T-Mobile's customer service was voted the best by J.D. Power and Associates...LMFAO!!! Are you kidding me?... And what about prepaid data...or rather nonexistent prepaid data for smartphones? The allow prepaid data for "dumbphones" but not for smartphones? Gimme a @#$%ing break already! That's their way of saying if "you should've bought one of our tablets." Morons!